Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais V International

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Nice ride man, definitely beats the VEII on looks imo.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Essassin: I agree. In terms of the Calais I like the look of the series 1. I actually like the look of the interior better as well (although I would love the IQ system!!). My dad is looking at getting a Series 2 SV6 sportswagon, so thatll be alright!

Cameron P: Thanks! I think the boot lip spoiler really sets it off, especially paired with the rims... They didn't really leave much out when they put this car together :p

bat21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi ya MikesCalais, have got the exact same car, same colour, same interior, same size motor. Brought mine from new, well a demo model really but it had only done 12 km and that was 10k that I did in the test drive. I have only added window tint and headlight/bonnet protectors. Now done a tick under 30k and I have never had a single problem. Drives beautifully in the city and is brilliant in the country. Not sure what version of the DVD maps you have for the sat nav. They came with V14.o which you could buy from Whereis for around $230.00. Now only Holden issue them and the latest version 16.0 is over $600.00. For any non=holden vehicles, they can buy there upgrades from Whereis for around $220.00. I would recommend making a copy and I would even pay you to make one for me as my disc is broken and I am stuffed if I am going to pay $600.00 just for Holden to make a pure profit. The tyres are also very expensive to replace at around $600/700 each.

I have had 3 Calais and two Berlinas and this is the best by far. Enjoy the car, I am sure you will. I also think from memory that only 500 VE V internationals were produced

Wait, I forgot one mod I made which is the most impressive and makes the car look 100 times better. That is yellow and black Richmond Football Club number plates :)

Bat21

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
I didnt even realise there was a reply to this thread! It really is a great car! Good to know someone with the same car whos just as happy :D

I'm not sure which version of the sat nav i have, I'll have to check.

Yep, only 500 Calais V internationals made :) So far only made the one "mod" and thats, similar to your plates bat21, a collingwood scarf on the rear parcel shelf :p looks GREAT!

I've always kind of been anti-parking sensors, but now I dont know what I'd do without them! they come in so handy!! I wouldnt mind having a reverse camera though, it couldnt be all that much work could it?

I saw another international on the way home tonight, but it was lowered pretty nicely, I wouldnt mind, except I'm already super paranoid about scraping the bottom of the front bumper, plus the 19" rims make the ride just about as hard as it should be.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
couple more pics, I know theres already one of its bum, but it does have a pretty great ass....
(Don't mind the mess!!)

2011-04-07132415.jpg

2011-04-07160501.jpg

2011-04-07132642-1.jpg

bat21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still looks good Mike and I see that we also have the exact same colour seats. I think our cars must be siamese twins joined at the footy number plates. Some window tinting will really set it off. It did to mine. If I stop being slack over the next few days, I will post a few pictures of mine with the tinting and bonnet, light protectors. Just a word of caution with lowering it 50mm. You will definitely scrape the crap out of it. Last week, had to go into a new housing estate and with only me and the missus in the car nearly had to drive at 5kmph just to get around. Went to Geraldton on the weekend which is an 850 km round trip on beautiful roads with sweeping bends and long straights and the beast traveled beautifully. Handled very very well and I wasnt overtaken for the whole trip and escaped any speeding fines which really peed off the missus.

Still love to get a copy of that sat nav disc. The version is stamped on the disc itself and on the back cover.

Keep loving it Mike and it will love you back twice as much

Bat21

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
So I love my holdens, I love my calais. But this will be the last one I buy. It's been back to holden 4 times for the same problem (fuel guage issue) and the last 4 holdens in the family (all different models) have had the same stupid issue.

Not impressed at all holden. I'm sad to say it, but I won't be buying another one :(

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its not exactly up for sale (hence not posting in the for sale section) but if anyone is interested, let me know (depending on what you're offering). As I said, does have an issue with the fuel gauge, but it's not as bad as it used to be after having fuel sender units replaced... Will have it's 75,000km service done in the next week or two. Other than the fuel guage it's great! :(