Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais V International

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
12/2007 VE Calais V MY08.5 International
Currently has 69,800kms on it
Evoke with Beige leather seats (black door trim and dash - unique 'International' colour combination)
V6, 5 speed 'semi-auto'
Far too many features to list, I don't even know how to use half of them yet!
19" Alloys, chrome exterior door handles, bootlip spoiler (All standard on the International)

The only mods I have planned for the future... Window tint, and a seat cover for the back seat so I can get the dog around (that wont be happening for a while though!) and that's it!!! I think the car is just right the way it is!

Pics:

vecalaisvi.jpg

vecalaisv.jpg

vecalaisvv.jpg

vecalaisvint3.jpg

vecalaisvint2.jpg

vecalaisvint.jpg

Last edited:

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
Very nice! Post up some more pics when you get a chance ;)

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Awww! Looks like Sapphire is all grown up!! :p

I like :D

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys! Much appreciated! :D this car is the new love of my life! I'll get some interior pics up

Manda, this is no sapphire, she's moved on to bigger and better things! This is her younger sibling, a much better looking one at that :p

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Thanks guys! Much appreciated! :D this car is the new love of my life! I'll get some interior pics up

Manda, this is no sapphire, she's moved on to bigger and better things! This is her younger sibling, a much better looking one at that :p

Yeahhh I know. Sapphire was in a league of her own :p Still sad to see her go :(

But! She did make way for a very nice Calais. I agree with you though. The only thing she needs is tint, then she's all good! I just hope the trucks and trailers stay away from this one!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I think 50mm lower would just finish the whole look off. But other than that, just the tint. That colour looks best when kept simple. Those wheels work great with that car! Just lose that awful super-glossy tyre shine. Find a nice, satin-finish dressing for them and it will look MINT!

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm going to tremendous lengths to park this car as safely as possible... Like getting to work tomorrow 4 hours early just to make sure I get a good spot haha! At least I have plenty to do before I actually start :p

I think it would look GREAT lowered, but I'm worried as it is about scrapping it going up/down driveways (there's sine pretty bad/steep driveways that I will need to use) plus the ride comfort is just right the way it is. But I agree, that tyre shine is a bit too glossy, they look a bit better now after driving all weekend.

I get some quotes for the tint this week, I just need to find a place thatll do the really dark tint, I had darkest legal on my vt but because of the light interior, they barely looked tinted at all

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Tint Wizard did mine. Can't remember the exact price, but would have been cheaper for mine as I only have half the windows - so would be a little pointless even if I could remember! But they do a good job. Been on there now for at least 18 months with no cracking, peeling, fading or air bubbles. Can't ask for more than that. Mine is metal tint at 15% (not mirror tint).