Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Calais V Redline

myksomerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV S2 Redline
The plate in the engine bay should say FE3 suspension as a quick check, but VIN decode is the way to go

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
I'm a calais owner...Also different rear mufflers- Calais has one exit pipe splitting into two chrome tailpipes, others 2 exit pipes into two tailpipes. Calais mufflers bigger, quieter. Barely tell it's a v8. They give me the shizens, a V8 with barely any note.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I'm a calais owner...Also different rear mufflers- Calais has one exit pipe splitting into two chrome tailpipes, others 2 exit pipes into two tailpipes. Calais mufflers bigger, quieter. Barely tell it's a v8. They give me the shizens, a V8 with barely any note.
I swapped our V6 single outlet mufflers for SS with dual outlets. The exhaust dimensions from the cats to the rear is the same V6-V8. Same dimensions of the muffler as well
All models had single inlet. One left and one right side of the car, other than base models.

You could use a dual outlet factory muffler from VE/VF SS to get it sounding better on a budget, but they are getting hard to find now.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

easily fixed.