Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais V Stereo screen turning yellow

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
Over the last few weeks when I jump into car and turn the ignition key and the stereo screen comes on it has an overall yellow cast to it a couple of times. You can still read everything on it and the problem goes away after about 5-10 minutes. At first I thought it was related to heat as on the days it happened it was really hot and the car had been sitting in the sun but now it has happened even on a cool day though it sorted itself in about 20 seconds (Before I had a chance to take a photo). Bit worried it's going to get worse over time, has anyone else had this problem.

harvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack S2
i used to be a salesman for holden and alot of the ve calais v's we had in the yard used to do that. there seemed to be a problem with a loose wire at the back alot of the time because it kind of flickers so if u can pull it out mate just make sure all the wires are connected properly and not touching any metal or each other. or u could just take it to autobarn or something like that and get them to pull it out and have a look shouldnt cost to much. if that doesnt help u will have to take it back to holden and see what they reckon.

hope that helps mate!!

cheers

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i used to be a salesman for holden and alot of the ve calais v's we had in the yard used to do that. there seemed to be a problem with a loose wire at the back alot of the time because it kind of flickers so if u can pull it out mate just make sure all the wires are connected properly and not touching any metal or each other. or u could just take it to autobarn or something like that and get them to pull it out and have a look shouldnt cost to much. if that doesnt help u will have to take it back to holden and see what they reckon.

hope that helps mate!!

cheers

considering its under warrenty id be wanting holden to check it rather than a lad at auto barn

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I have the same problem with mine. A quick thump in the side and a few fantastic words of wisdom and its all good for another week!

It seems to be a problem with the screen as it sometimes goes away after touching the screen (not the buttons).

Whacking it real hard is simply much for enjoyable than a light touch on the screen! lol

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
I have the same problem with mine. A quick thump in the side and a few fantastic words of wisdom and its all good for another week!

It seems to be a problem with the screen as it sometimes goes away after touching the screen (not the buttons).

Whacking it real hard is simply much for enjoyable than a light touch on the screen! lol

Nothing like a bit of BF (Brute Force) to fix a problem...lol

T9GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
i had a similar problem with my ve ss-v, the screen went dim, to the point where you could hardly see it, so i tried to adjust the brightness levels and it would only dim further but not brighten, so i gave it a good whack and it returned to standard brightness, but still wont brighten any further, however standard brightness levels are sufficient, it is just frustrating for a 55k+ car...anyone know any solutions to this problem?

redmick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais VX Calais
Bloody murphys law got me today.
I saw the thread heading the other day and took no notice.
But today guess what happened!
The screen went yellow :-(
And then it went green a bit of pressure on the faceplate seemed to change back it like a dry joint or something.
I have it booked into holden next week to replace the cd because it keeps giving a mechanism failure when tring to eject cd1.
Is the screen part of the CD?
If so hopeful that will fix the problem.
Cheers
Redmick

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
So in 5 years time VE's will be the new VN's everyone will be bashing the dash :p