Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais warning brake light on dash

Jamc

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0LTR VE CALAIS
Hey everyone, anyone had a warning brake light come up on dash on a ve calias, if so what did you do to fix it, I've checked the hand brake switch that seems to be working fine, could it be the brake fluid switch on the master cylinder, if it is this can the switch just be changed or do have to replace the whole master cylinder.
I wouldn't of thought it would be a wheel speed sensor, cause I would of thought that would throw a ABS warning light, all your help would be muchly appreciated

Jamc

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0LTR VE CALAIS
Ok so i think ive found the problem in the brake fluid reservior switch, with oil in the reservoir disconnected the plug from level switch and did continuity test and there I have continuity across the two terminals, which I believe should only happen when fluid is low, so looking like a dodgy level switch.
Does anybody know if just the switch can be changed or does the whole reservoir need to be changed.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85

Jamc

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0LTR VE CALAIS