Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve caprice steering controls

TrickyRicky08

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice 6.0
I have a wm series 1 caprice. I put a pioneer head unit in the glovebox for simplicity and $$$. It’s all working out pretty good but a hurdle I have is that I purchased an access 1 kit for the steering controls for 100 dollars as the only alternative was aerpro for 350 with a fascia and other things I didn’t need. Because Holden only shipped the series 2 to America, that’s all they have instructions for!!!
Can anyone help me with any information on the wires going into the head unit from the steering wheel or the wires coming out of the access box. On the series 2 you used the pink wire on the access box as well as red for positive and black for negative. Finally the 3.5 mm jack went into the back of the pioneer head unit. and pushed the volume button up several times to activate it.
Ask me questions if it’s a bit Irish and thanks for h a bing a think about it.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
The controls for the steering wheel work over the 33KHz GMLAN low speed bus.

Aerpro's head unit fascia has two SWC control options, the three-wire analog key approach, and an analog headphone jack for SWC which is compatible with any 3.5mm SWC to stereo interface adapter. The kit also has its own SWC interpretation box, which takes the GMLAN signal and outputs a signal that analog stereo SWC modules can use. Gizzmo Electronics made this (as their logo is on the back of the climate control board)

As for the controls themselves, they form their own individual network through something called LIN (Link interface network), so each module communicates within itself (such as the window modules, the TC button, etc) via LIN, and sends commands to other modules via the single-wire low speed GMLAN. High speed GMLAN is for the engine and other time-critical modules.