Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve car insurance young driver

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Best advice anyone can give you is call around all the insurers you can think of yourself.
Weigh up policy options/benefits vs premiums etc.

Paying cheaper premiums aren't always the best thing, you pay a cheap or budget type premium, and you'll get that sort of policy.
Just depends what you're looking for.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
mate give a company called the buzz a search on the net.
mate's son had is falcon insured through them for a good price they are underwritten by a large insurance group and when he smashed his car up the back of 4 others they have been very good to deal with so far.

excess is gonna cost him about 2K because of age but the premium is very good

do your self a favor and do as mirkz has said and compair policys see what you are actualy coverd for and more importantly what you are not coverd for before you sign up

Nikk_90

TINBUM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I bought a VE 60th anniversary SV6 ute when i turned 18 and was insured with CGU, there premium was $2100 a yr (which at the time thought was a good price cause no one was gonna touch me for a V8 for anything under 5k). It came up for renewal so i shopped around and went with AAMI which dropped it down to around $1200. I then traded and bought a VE SSV sedan when i was 19 and swapped it over on the AAMI insurance policy and it went up to about $1600 a yr. i renewed again with AAMI on the SSV and 3 days later smashed her up good (20k worth) and had to make a claim ($1200 excess). Im glad i had just renewed so its locked in for a year, not looking forward to seeing what its going to be next time.
Oh, ive also lost my licence twice (Hooning and Driving without a licence) so im sure they would have calculated that in as well.
Hope this helps give you an idea..

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
compare online and telephone quotes, i got quoted 1500 by an online quote from AAMI, called them the next day to cancel my old car's 3rd party policy and the lady asked if their was anything else she could help me with. Figured what the heck and got a quote on my car turned out to be 1100. :spot on:

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Im paying $785 a year the car is in my name but the insurance is under my fathers family business cars. as im employed full time by them and i use my car to visit clients etc. im 20 years old and lost my license for 1 month for doing 89 in a 60 pulling out of my drive way ha

ssavage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 9.5
Ive got a MY9.5 ssv sedan and its insured for agreed value of $45,000.

From memory im paying $2200 a year and my excess is $700

I am currently 21 but have had the car for a year and a half now

Im with SGIC so maybe try them

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
Hey guys looking for xar insurance for my ute anyone young got a ve and good insurance premium, how much age and insurer thanks guys

Try RACV. Here in Qld the RACQ seems to be the cheapest for young drivers. They also go on the number of years licensed to determine Rating rather than number of years continuous comprehensive insurance as most companies do. They add a performance loading for V8 but I note you drive 6 cylinder.

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have mine through QBE - 19 Male , nill fines or accidents. 2008 SV6 Sedan Garaged at 2307 (Newcastle) = $810 Per Year with $500 Excess and think its about $400 age excess. Nill mods except exhaust and it is listed. Agreed Value 28K

(and this is in my sole name)

COL3SY

COL3SY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
i have a 09 ssv ute and im 21 i went with cgu was only 1600 with 700 excess