Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE caught ... again

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
BERLINAIIVS said:
i saw it had tiptronic auto with the + and -

But did they manage to put the + and - in the right spots? i.e. Pull back for + and push forward for - (same as Ford)? Far too many manufacturers get this very VERY wrong...

[edit] Actually that's a very good sign. I believe Holden are limiting themselves to market opportunity with no manual option on the Calais, Statesman and Caprice. There are many people who would love a chace at owning luxury, performance and MANUAL. If "tiptronic" is available it may just lure me. Probably more convenient really, around town in peak hour I could just flick it to auto.

I would buy a manual Calais tomorrow if there was one! But no, this close, I'd wait for the VE.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
My brother owns a BA Fairmont auto, Let me tell you he thinks it's a gimmick the manual shift he played with it a couple of times and hasn't since.
It's like a new toy the fun wears off pretty fast.

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
BERLINAIIVS said:
i saw the VE today i was at my gf's and it drove passed the window and went into one of next door neighbours driveway so i ran out and asked if i could have a look, he let me but said no photos, dam i had my fone ready. and he didnt tell me what model it was but i could tell it was a statesman...
i saw it had tiptronic auto with the + and - it had 3 screens 1 in the dash 1 on each of the front seats headrests and it had bose speakers and nice black leather looked really good inside, dam i wish had some pics

Tell me more, was it based around the shifter or paddles behind the wheel?
Or was it buttons on the steering wheel.
What were the gear lever positions, PND54L or something else.
Did the gear lever have a leather boot around the bottom or else could you describe what it looked like?
Where was the dash screen mounted? did it have the 8 buttons (4 per side) and if so can you remeber their labels.
What was the instrument panel like. Round gauges or something else? Chrome rimed gauges? any digital gauges or readouts?
Were the seats electric? WHat about the rear view mirror?
How many speakers for the stereo?
What other buttons were on the steering wheel? Did it have scroll wheels (like on the modern mice)?
How about cruise control, same as VZ or something new?
What about interior lights? how many? where?

So many questions so little info, hopefully you can remember? or get another look.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
bose hey, holden has really gone upmarket on the ve **round of applause for holden**

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
lol i didnt get a very good look, because i was so shocked the + pull back - u push forward, it was with the shifter not the sterring wheel it was P R N D then u put it to the side and it had - and + it had 1 speaker on each of the rear doors umm the most of the dash was covered, it had big rims and it had the lion badge with the leaves around it so thats how i knew it was stateman or maybe caprice? i dont know wat the guy does for holden.... dam i wish i looked for a bit longer, ill try sneak some pics, lol the funny thing was how fast he was trying too get it into the garage lucky i got there before he put it away, all i know that it looked really really nice inisde :D

Henerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL 5spd
I Wanna See The Ve Ss Rims! Show Me The Ss Rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
BERLINAIIVS said:
lol i didnt get a very good look, because i was so shocked the + pull back - u push forward, it was with the shifter not the sterring wheel it was P R N D then u put it to the side and it had - and + it had 1 speaker on each of the rear doors umm the most of the dash was covered, it had big rims and it had the lion badge with the leaves around it so thats how i knew it was stateman or maybe caprice? i dont know wat the guy does for holden.... dam i wish i looked for a bit longer, ill try sneak some pics, lol the funny thing was how fast he was trying too get it into the garage lucky i got there before he put it away, all i know that it looked really really nice inisde :D

Thanks for that, if you see it again take notes and those "worth a thousand words" things. Great work anyway, you have given news that (as far as I know) hasen't been made public anywhere before.

Holden_ve

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SPAK 3.8 M5
minux said:
4 speed hahaha, and yet holden are still behind ford...maybe the front suspension will be upgraded to be a better package to disguise he stupidty of continuing with a 4 speed

I think you should shut up coz u obviously dont know anything about the VE ;) sure THIS one may have a 4 speed... but don't say nothing until you know all the models and transmissions ;)

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Henerz said:
I Wanna See The Ve Ss Rims! Show Me The Ss Rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are the ones in those pictures you have probably seen with the car bras on. The rims are shaded black for some reason and they have many spokes. They are a shiny finsh almost like chrome.