Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Centre Speaker

Fu Manchu

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slug powered VZ, Cross 8 VZ, VE Calais & ya mum.
If I disconnect the centre speaker, will that affect sound in things like phone calls, navigation?

Does the head unit send that signal specificity to that speaker?

Will I get loud calls and navigation info going to all speakers?

There is so much info around the centre speaker it’s hard to find a clear answer.

lmoengnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If I disconnect the centre speaker, will that affect sound in things like phone calls, navigation?
Yes, it will improve all the above!

Fu Manchu

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slug powered VZ, Cross 8 VZ, VE Calais & ya mum.
I know that sound quality can be better. It’s well written about.

I’m putting the remaining interior trims back in soon and have a new speaker to put in.

The series 2 top cover is not as easy to remove as the series 1, so hoping to sort this now before I finish it all off.

If it doesn’t mean navigation and calls get played at the same volume as the music, then okie dokie.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I removed my centre speaker and upgraded my speakers and added an amp . Incoming calls used to scare the crap outta me cos they were so loud . Then I found out that you can set the loudness of the ring by lowering the volume control before answering the call .

lmoengnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The factory center speaker degrades the whole system sound.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Does the head unit send that signal specificity to that speaker?

Will I get loud calls and navigation info going to all speakers?
In CONFIG you can tell it which speakers to send the NAV voice to and set the NAV voice volume, along with other volume settings.

I have my NAV voice come from driver speaker only.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Any good instructions or how to's removing the dash panel to get the centre speaker out?
I'd like to remove it cos it rattles like hell but my dash is still perfect and I'm worried about stuffing it!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Any good instructions or how to's removing the dash panel to get the centre speaker out?
I'd like to remove it cos it rattles like hell but my dash is still perfect and I'm worried about stuffing it!
Just did mine this morning.

Levered it from the front edge using a plastic trim removal tool on driver and passenger side. DON'T use a scredriver or anything else metallic as you will damage the trim.

The two front clips popped out (although the driver's side was more stubborn than the passenger side) then used fingers to lift the remainder.

While I used measured persuasion, I did break one clip (rearward passenger side) but a dollop of Tarzan's Grip will see that sorted. I've used it before on trim clips in my old VS coz they were brittle as hell with age and worked well.

There are some vids on Youtube but none of them use the trim removal tool.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just did mine this morning.

Levered it from the front edge using a plastic trim removal tool on driver and passenger side. DON'T use a scredriver or anything else metallic as you will damage the trim.

The two front clips popped out (although the driver's side was more stubborn than the passenger side) then used fingers to lift the remainder.
Thanks, Soh front is towards the shifter or the windscreen?