Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE- Check engine light - HELP!!!!

Troyryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Haven't got it sorted yet no.... but should get some answers next week... Im getting a loan car while someone takes it and has a look.... will let you know the outcome :)
Hi Danee
Was wondering if you found out the issue back then?
Having the same problem now.
Thanks

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Hi Danee
Was wondering if you found out the issue back then?
Having the same problem now.
Thanks
Hey mate, it's an old thread from 2012, they didn't reply in 20014.
This issue has been discussed in other posts. Good luck.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Hey mate, it's an old thread from 2012, they didn't reply in 20014.
This issue has been discussed in other posts. Good luck.
Geez l'm at it now. I was in a workshop years ago and they had a VK Calais in there. This thing was running erratically and they had chucked the parts cannon at it.
It sounded like fuel starvation or
maybe spark, turned out to be the mass airflow sensor in the induction. Now as Vaelen pointed out in his 2012 post it's still happening and this is the kicker, the ECM/U doesn't recognize it as a problem so doesn't log any relevant codes.

Last edited:

dazza23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore 07 model
I have a 2009 VE commodore and every now and then (more frequent lately), the whole engine shudders at any speed very ramdomly then the check engine light comes on with the little lightening bolt in it.... I have taken it back to Holden and no error code is found in the system....this is very frustrating!!!! Does anyone know anything that I could check??? The last time it came on was on the highway doing 110km, engine shudders and I pull over, it then idles really rough. After I turn the car off then back on it runs ok again until the next time it happens :(
Any help would be great!!!!
Danielle :)View attachment 132065
oil pressure sensor

dazza23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore 07 model
oil pressure sensor
oil pressure sensor
just done a test many faults pop up was oil pressure sensor oxygen sensor was told but didnt bother doing it got second mechanic check it today came up oil sensor I do this because thats a brain got to go the body ecm module but most cost $70 part Repco 3 pin and fitted $60 but shuddering mainly cause spark plugs way to check it get a empty coke bottle cut it up put on u spark plug listen in u ear u hear a noise ticking best if running on idle only can be timing chain but not always the case I think u fix the spark plugs u car be ok again

Keg007

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 Sportswagon Series II
We have the same problem with our VE Commodore. Would appreciate hearing if ypu found a solution.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
just done a test many faults pop up was oil pressure sensor oxygen sensor was told but didnt bother doing it got second mechanic check it today came up oil sensor I do this because thats a brain got to go the body ecm module but most cost $70 part Repco 3 pin and fitted $60 but shuddering mainly cause spark plugs way to check it get a empty coke bottle cut it up put on u spark plug listen in u ear u hear a noise ticking best if running on idle only can be timing chain but not always the case I think u fix the spark plugs u car be ok again
What?????
That sounds like advice learnt from the back of a toilet door at a remote BP servo.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
We have the same problem with our VE Commodore. Would appreciate hearing if ypu found a solution.
Have the car scanned and all going well a proper bi-directional scanner will be able to look at various data from sensors and systems to get enough clues to start fault finding.