Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve check engine light

stressedout

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 6 cyl redline
hi new here have an 06 ve v6 have just replaced timing chains car is running great but the check engine light randomly pops up put scan tool on and comes up with p0016 have swapped sensors same thing its annoying as all timing marks were checked and double checked before reassembly am wondering if it could be a sticky phaser or software needs upgrade any help would be appreciated this car is doing my head in

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Conditions for setting P0016
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 4.20.35 pm.png

Diagnosis of the P0016
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 4.20.23 pm.png

I'd suggest the cheapest way is to swap the Cam position solenoids.
Trip to the wreckers. Get 2 or 4 depending on the engine. give them a soak in throttle body cleaner, then a good spray and scrub with a small brush. I used a light 2000 grit sand paper around where it seals.

Mine wasn't producing a code but they were "lazy".

Noticeable after the timing chain was done.

stressedout

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 6 cyl redline
have tried all that it only seems to come on when slowing down it is very intermittent when i got the car the oil wasnt very clean this is what is making me think its the phaser am trying engine flush and going to do multiple oil changes i really dont want to have to pull it down again