Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Chrome wheel nuts

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone have a link to some decent VE chrome wheel nuts? Plenty on eBay but presumably plenty of poorly chromed ones too that rust pretty quick.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Idk about that part, but looking at the sellers feedback i wouldnt touch it with your 10 inch pole let alone mine. Just the fact that each negative review doesnt show the item it relates to says to me that they delete listings or something when bad feedback is received. Looks a bit shady. Also lots of feedback saying “lost in the post” type of ****.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Further to the above, I prefer the look of the shorter factory chromed wheel nut.

Better still are the nuts with chrome screw on caps but haven’t found a listing other than the following drug affected one below

Seems our cars are going to be seriously unaffordable to maintain if such prices become the norm… Did I hear midnight spares :eek:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah thanks but that's close to $300 for gen wheel nuts. I have a choice of two the SAAS ones and another brand which we're a little cheaper. I only paid $80 each for the rims, and can buy another for $90. Sure they owe me a few bucks restoring them but $300 for wheel nut is ludicrous.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
but $300 for wheel nut is ludicrous.
If you think that price was bad, check out the chrome nut covers in the second link …. for just chromed plastic that likely costs $0.40 each to make…

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thats ridiculous

Rogue Trooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SII SV6
I just went to the local Holden wrecker after getting a price for genuine and nearly falling off my perch. You can fill your pockets for 6/8ths of FA depending on how mercenary the wrecker is. Get a few spares.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Most had plain wheel nuts and the chrome was done with the plastic wheel nut covers. They push on over the nut and one is threaded to screw over the lock nut.

They come in black or chrome. Series 2 Calais got them.

That listing from Village Motors is a good price for the full metal ones. I’ve bought heaps from them. Good seller.