Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Clubby Cam in Ve SS

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
As the title says. Is it worth putting a ve clubby cam in a ve ss? is there any gains? thanks

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
From an LS2 or LS3? There's small gains to be had with an LS3 cam (but if you're going to the trouble/cost of changing the cam you'd get something better though).

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
yea i have a ve ss with a L98 (i think it is?) and i found someone selling a Ve clubby cam and springs for pretty cheap on ebay.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Pretty low specs even for $120. The parts may be cheap but the fitting and tune will be expensive and not give you much gains. For a few hundred more, you can get a good spec'ed aftermarket shaft that will give really good gains.

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
Pretty low specs even for $120. The parts may be cheap but the fitting and tune will be expensive and not give you much gains. For a few hundred more, you can get a good spec'ed aftermarket shaft that will give really good gains.

Hey mate - When you say "a few hundred more" do you have a rough price on what the new aftermarket cam setup would be including install and tune? Just interested...
Cheers
Chris

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
Not worth putting a clubby cam in, like stonex said fitting and tune will be expensive.
About $2500 for a mild cam package, springs, retainers, push rods and a tune.
Just have to look around HEAPS of places do L98 packages.

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
sorry guys just got back on here.
see the car will be tuned in the coming month either way and fitting will be done at the same time. My real main thoughts are would it be much better than the SS standard cam or not really?