Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve clubby shift light

1FATSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CLUBSPORT M6 6.0L
hi guys

i have just bought myself a ve clubsport. I would like to know if there is any way of wiring up a shift light to the standerd dash tacho..I'v got a light of a 5' tacho that i want to mount behind the steering wheel. as i dont want to put another tacho in as i would look like a wanker...lol

thanks

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Probably depends on the programing in the actual shift light it would be designed to work with the 5 inch tacho yeah? if it does just work with any tacho you will need to take the instrument cluster out id imagine and than get a wiring diagram of what to tap into. Did the 5 inch tacho come with a wiring diagram to say what to use or was that all built into the 5 inch and it just worked automatically from its wiring?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
See other post.

Last edited:

1FATSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CLUBSPORT M6 6.0L
yeah they dont look to bad. but it would probably give me the shits after a while..

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you seen the first fast n furious movie. Have a look at the shift light in the green eclipse. Maybe get something like that but a bright LED.

YouTube - Fast And Furious Opening Scene

Notice the shift light at 0.25

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Personally I think bright shift lights pointed right at your face look gay as AIDS
I think if you had some LEDs around the steering column behind the steering wheel where you couldn't see them directly would look better because as you get to the **** point you would have a nice ambient glow behind the steering wheel.

benji09ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.05 SSV UTE
It would be good if u could put them in the top of the steering wheel, like they have in the new Farrari