Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Clubsport 6.2 R8

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Hi Guys,
Ready to get my stock R8 clubsport some performance parts.

The list:
1/3 4 - 4 into 1 extractors
100cpi cats
2.5 inch or 3 inch exhaust?
Vcm otr cold air intake
Maf tune

I was told l should get around 270 rwkw, I was hoping 300rwkw?

Could l please get suggestions as to where to get the above done in melbourne south east area? Would like to go to someone who has experience with the 6.2 clubbies.

Greatly Appreciated
Rob

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Kw is simply a number, the real test is how it feels. Plus every dyno will read different, one might say 280 and the next is really happy at 310...

Totally agree!!

I'm more after workshops that do a good job and reliable!

Any you know of around south east area? HPF maybe? Where do people normally take their LS3?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
My mate has had his XR6 Turbo modded through HPF in Dandenong. The thing is sitting on 350 RWKW. From what I hear through him and from what I've seen in his car the quality of work is top notched and they seem pretty easy to deal with.
I know it's not the same engine as yours, but it juts goes to show how they go about there work.
I've also read through various magazines that they do a lot of drive in drive out packages with the LS engines.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Cheers guys, what do people reckon about getting bigger headers from 1 3/4 - 4 into 1 to 1 7/8 - 4 into 1? Is it woth going the bigger pipes? Will it be more lagier down low or would it be bugger all?

Cheers

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
My tuner recommended the 1 and 7/8" primaries.. Don't know if it makes much difference but he said it was a better option when the cam went in.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
exhaust size will depend on your plans for future mods. if you're planning a cam, go for the 1-7/8 headers. most go a 3 inch as well, but theres a few making big power with 2.5 inch pipes.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Cheers guys, what do people reckon about getting bigger headers from 1 3/4 - 4 into 1 to 1 7/8 - 4 into 1? Is it woth going the bigger pipes? Will it be more lagier down low or would it be bugger all?

Cheers

Id go the 1 7/8 man spesh if later on you go cam or FI ect

I had the 1 7/8's on before i went cammed just with zorst intake tune ect and had no issues with it