Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Clubsport 6.2 R8

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Id go the 1 7/8 man spesh if later on you go cam or FI ect

I had the 1 7/8's on before i went cammed just with zorst intake tune ect and had no issues with it

Hi champ,
How much did you make before the cam? Do you mind me asking which workshop done all your work incl tune?
I'm leaning towards 3inch exhaust.

Could someone tell me what the weak links would be of a 2008 R8? E.g stock trans can handle 450rwkw? Bottom end etc?
Cheers

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hi champ,
How much did you make before the cam? Do you mind me asking which workshop done all your work incl tune?

Could someone tell me what the weak links would be of a 2008 R8? E.g stock trans can handle 450rwkw? Bottom end etc?
Cheers

It made 245rkw but that was with a half done pathetic tune, id say if it had a proper one prob closer to 260 - 270rkw

Not sure on how much it would take but id say 450rkw will be pushing the friendship with ya motor, trans and diff lol

I wont name the first joint as there were hopeless but my mechanic fitted it all and oztrack remote tuned it

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Give Andy at extracted performance exhausts a call. We're located behind horsepower factory in dandenong.
We make the exhaust systems that Vcm sold, a few of the larger shops are using our exhausts now.
It's a 1 7/8th long header, your choice of cats and either 2.5 or 3inch catbacks.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Just spoke to APS and they recommend 1/78 hm headers with twin 2.5 exhaust, he said if l chose twin 3 inch I would be going backwards, he said 90% of time they use twin 2.5 exhaust on ve clubbies.......
Any suggestions? If people could let me know their thoughts and experiences with APS I am ready to book the car and get the following:
Tune
Vcm otr
1/78 hm headers
100 CPI cats
Twin 2.5 exhaust
He reckons l should see 290rwkw with an auto.
Cheers

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
What do you guys reckon of LSX garage? Have much feedback?
They recommend
Maf tune
1/78 headers mild steel
3 inch exhaust mild steel
Vcm otr
200 CPI cats over 100 CPI cats??

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
You should see 280rwkw minimum.
Difference between 100 and 200 cell will just be in the noise department, there will be no difference in power. So if you want it on the 'quieter' side go 200, otherwise if you're after all the noise you can get, go 100.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
You should see 280rwkw minimum.
Difference between 100 and 200 cell will just be in the noise department, there will be no difference in power. So if you want it on the 'quieter' side go 200, otherwise if you're after all the noise you can get, go 100.

Thanks for your help regarding the cats! I'm now leaning to go and see Brett from LSX garage, what are peoples thoughts? Only sus thing is they wouldn't tell me what brand their headers and exhaust were? He did mention it works well which what counts??? What ya guys think?
Also what do you recommend as to what exhaust size l should go with? 2.5 or 3 inch?
Cheers

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Thanks for your help regarding the cats! I'm now leaning to go and see Brett from LSX garage, what are peoples thoughts? Only sus thing is they wouldn't tell me what brand their headers and exhaust were? He did mention it works well which what counts??? What ya guys think?
Also what do you recommend as to what exhaust size l should go with? 2.5 or 3 inch?
Cheers
I would be wanting to know what exhaust is going to be used before having the work done.
As for size, if you want forced induction or a decent cam later down the track, go 3inch. If realistically all you're going to do is bolt ons, 2.5inch will be fine.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Hi champ,

Cheers

Is your Clubby a Manual or Auto?

To be honest I'm not sure what kind of system you'd be looking at running to get 450rwkw... from what I've seen only charging it will realistically get you those kind of performance numbers at the tyres.

If you do go forced inductions most shops throw together a package to make sure you can make it off the lot without blowing up (which wouldn't look good for a $11 - $15k investment)