Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Clubsport 6.2 R8

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Just saw the exhaust video by HPF, they state both twin 3 inch and twin 2.5 resulted in same power with the n/a LS3 engine and with the 3 inch you don't loose power down low which was good. Conclusion would be the 3 inch exhaust would sound better and have a deeper note but than again you might get more drone with the 3inch.
I am leaning towards APS and they said 90 % of time they recommend 2.5 exhaust over 3 inch as it makes more power, am quite confused as all these workshops are giving me different answers:(

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Just saw the exhaust video by HPF, they state both twin 3 inch and twin 2.5 resulted in same power with the n/a LS3 engine and with the 3 inch you don't loose power down low which was good. Conclusion would be the 3 inch exhaust would sound better and have a deeper note but than again you might get more drone with the 3inch.
I am leaning towards APS and they said 90 % of time they recommend 2.5 exhaust over 3 inch as it makes more power, am quite confused as all these workshops are giving me different answers:(

APS do all the work on my E3 clubby...Highly recommend them, ive got a full HM 3inch system with 1 7/8 headers aps intake and custom maf tune which makes 296 rwkw with manual. They originally recommend that i go with a 2.5" system also but ive always had 3" systems, depending on what you altimately want to achieve the 2.5" will be fine for bolt on aplications and small cam work.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
What do you guys reckon of LSX garage? Have much feedback?
They recommend
Maf tune
1/78 headers mild steel
3 inch exhaust mild steel
Vcm otr
200 CPI cats over 100 CPI cats??

i wouldnt go to lsx garage if they were the last place on earth[wouldn't even let em tune my radio]. i went there when they were in pakenham and the owner was an arrogant POS.

Give chevs performance in carrum downs a call.

catback

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE clubsport
APS do all the work on my E3 clubby...Highly recommend them, ive got a full HM 3inch system with 1 7/8 headers aps intake and custom maf tune which makes 296 rwkw with manual. They originally recommend that i go with a 2.5" system also but ive always had 3" systems, depending on what you altimately want to achieve the 2.5" will be fine for bolt on aplications and small cam work.

APS all the way mate. I had another shop do similar modifications on my VE Clubby and ended up taking it to APS to retune it. They employ one of the best tuners around.
Car has never driven so well.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
APS all the way mate. I had another shop do similar modifications on my VE Clubby and ended up taking it to APS to retune it. They employ one of the best tuners around.
Car has never driven so well.

Definitely going with APS, I'm also thinking of going 3 inch exhaust, what exhaust size did you go with?
Had a little run with my mate ve club is but he's was a 6 Ltr 307 compared to mine 6.2 317 and his car kept up with mine the only mod he had was 3.9 diff gears is it possible for him to keep up with me with just that little mod? Diff gears really make that much of difference?

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Diff gears will help the motor reach its optimum rev range a bit quicker than standard gearing, so when you're both doing the same speed his revs will be slightly higher, giving him more power and torque, which will help his acceleration. if you ever have to get work done to your diff, it can be worthwhile investment.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Thanks champ, will look into it! APS seem the go but went out last night with some mates we all got together and most of them were mixed views some said APs some said autotechnique but majority of them said Chev performance, now I'm really confused, chev are closest to my home, what are your thoughts people's? Which out of these 3 workshops as I'm stuck in a hole don't know who to go to?
Thanks

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
go with chevs, they know there **** and dont #### you around. i'm going down there to get mine tuned this week.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
What are you getting done? Just tune? I bought an intake couple of days ago from the young fella, is his name Shaun? I believe he told me he does the tuning with someone else also?