Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Clubsport 6.2 R8

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Do they have a lot of experience with ls3?

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
yeah i am just getting a tune done. they tune anything LS, they'd be one of the best around at tuning them.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
yeah i am just getting a tune done. they tune anything LS, they'd be one of the best around at tuning them.

The tuner?? young fella, is his name Shaun? I believe he told me he does the tuning with someone else also?

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
The tuner?? young fella, is his name Shaun? I believe he told me he does the tuning with someone else also?

i dunno i spoke to gary on the phone, he may of mentioned it i cant remember. when i go down there i will find out.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
What cam do people reckon for a ls3 auto?
I would like nice lumpy idle, good down low punch and midrange don't need top end and looking to keep stock stall converter, but if need be I can always upgrade the stall. It is an everyday car and don't want it to be a pig around town. Hoping to get 300 + Rwkw.

Thinking of vcm 21 which is 217 223 113lsa, would this sound lumpy and hopefully support a high 11 sec pass?
Thanks

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Wud people recommend vcm 9 or 21? I would like more mid range punch without loosing torque down low

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Honesty mate pick a tuner you are comfortable with and put a side an hour to talk to them about your ultimate goal. You keep jumping all over the place like a kid on red cordial.
It's no good getting advice on a forum if the tuner has no experience with the selected parts. For the car to perform at its peak everything needs to work as a package, not just a list of parts you found with google.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I'd be going the 3 inch cat back... Can confirm that on my mates Senator there is zero drone (He has a Walkinshaw set up), but unfortunately unsure if the extractors & high flow cats will change that.

VCM intake is a damn good thing. With all the OEM style plastic shrouding it keeps the engine bay looking stock & really the way it should've been from the factory.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
All exhaust's are different, there is no way you can say a 3" setup won't drone unless the OP is going to use the EXACT same setup.