Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Clubsport ?

mbiondo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hi, this is my first venture into Holden / HSV V8's so be gentle :). Looking for a new car in the coming year and tossing up between a VF Series II SSV Redline or a VE Clubsport. Love the look of the VE Clubsport, but I'm lead to believe that the VF has some extra goodies over the VE Clubsport. Now, I don't know what those goodies are so what does the VF Series II SSV Redline have that makes it better than the VE Clubsport, or visa versa, what makes the VE Clubsport better? Thanks for your help.

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Hi mate,

If you don't mind the look of the VE Clubbie and performance was/is your overall requirement, then a late model VE LS3 Supercharged with the least km/s would be your best bet IMO.

VF2 obviously has same engine, but unlikely you could pick up a Super charged VF2 in the same price bracket.

Good luck what ever decision.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Hi, this is my first venture into Holden / HSV V8's so be gentle :). Looking for a new car in the coming year and tossing up between a VF Series II SSV Redline or a VE Clubsport. Love the look of the VE Clubsport, but I'm lead to believe that the VF has some extra goodies over the VE Clubsport. Now, I don't know what those goodies are so what does the VF Series II SSV Redline have that makes it better than the VE Clubsport, or visa versa, what makes the VE Clubsport better? Thanks for your help.

Both great choices. A HSV would usually be the pick over even the best 'Holden' but VF is a much nicer beast to own than a VE due mainly to the interior and tech upgrades -a VF SS-V Redline is about as good as VF Commodores got too.

One big thing worth considering is price. You could almost buy two VE HSV's for the price of a SII VF SS-V Redline. Plenty of $20k VE HSV's out there but even second hand Redline's are $40k+ without even looking too hard.

mbiondo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Thanks guys, much appreciated. But after reading, watching some reviews, I'm really sold on the VFII SSV Redline. This is a whole new venture for me and my first V8. I'm usually into the classic Jap car scene for my toy cars, but I need to get a new daily driver at some point. I was considering a 2nd hand Golf R or Audi S3 (same car really) or even a WRX STI. But for the last couple of years, I've been telling friends and myself that I need a V8 in my life. Time will tell if I will regret getting the SSV over those other cars, but in the end, I can always sell it if I don't like it. I know it drinks a lot, but I'm happy to pay the extra fuel costs if its an awesome car. In the end, I need a family car with four doors that can get the family around when required and still be great to drive and satisfy the petrol head in me. And from what I've been reading, it seems that Holden did a really great job with the VFII SSV Redline.

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
In the end, I need a family car with four doors that can get the family around when required and still be great to drive and satisfy the petrol head in me.

If a commodore doesn't do that for you then I don't know what will.