Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Colour Choices

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
Hey everyone,

Now that we all have details about colours available for these new babies, i was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the option of getting what were once "hero" colours on all model VE's...

I remember back to 99 when Tiger was released on VTII Exec, Berlina and S/SS, (that wasnt pretty with all the black on exec's) but then holden got the point when they only used Hyper on S/SS in VX... and again with Hothouse and Cosmo on VY, and Impuse on VZ, but some genius(or not) has decided "yes, VE Omega owners can have Impluse! So Can Calais And Berlina owners!"

Personally, i think that Impulse should stay as a hero colour, and Holden should of spent a few more dollars making up a different colour blue to use instead of Impulse on VE.

Having Black, White, Silver, Red and Blue ONLY on the sporty models is bad enuf, without some moronic fleet car being the same colour as someone's hot-to-trot SS-V...

I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter - do you care that impulse is available on everything? or should holden provide more colours on sports models similar to what ford do?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yeah i was a bit surprised to. but i was also surprised there was no yellow. or even a purple

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
yeah true they do need more for the sport models,i like that new colour evoke its like gun metal grey would like that colour on a SSV.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
naf33n said:
yeah i was a bit surprised to. but i was also surprised there was no yellow. or even a purple

Morpheous (the bright metallic purple colour that Holden applied to a few random VZ SV6's and S Utes) will be available in 2007, but only on HSV's at this stage.

Strange too that HSV are offering both Fusion (from the Monaro CV8-Z) and Ignition in their VE Range

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Until you have seen a VE calais V in that light blue colour ( provence i think) you havnt seen one at all. Bloody Beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful mate.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
Ignition is the VE Hero Colour - for Series 1 at least. Just cos Impulse was a Hero Colour for VZ doesn't mean it can't go widespread on VE.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
All heros colours die a sad and miserable death IMHO... For my money, the Sports range looks best in Phantom, Red Hot, Nickel and Heron. Leave Ignition and Impulse available to ONLY the sports range (for those that want it) and exclude them from the functional and luxury colours. Likewise, exclude Provence, Red Passion, Vespers, Odessy, Evoke, Sandstorm and Crema from the sports models...

If I end up with a new VE SV6, it will be Phantom or Nickel.

If I end up with a new VE Calais, it will be Phantom, Evoke, Red Passion or Sandstorm.