Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore 2011 - Bluetooth Module Failure

joshwa107

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Hi all

I have had my 2011 VE SV6 for 2 years now. I have always had some minor issues with bluetooth, for example if I was making a call, I had to switch from Bluetooth to Speaker then back to Bluetooth on an iPhone 5S, otherwise the audio just went through the phone (believe that's a common issue).
Main issue now is about 4 months ago I plugged my iPhone into the USB and it always did some odd things with USB and Bluetooth switching but this time it crackled then came up saying Bluetooth Module Failure on the display and no longer works.
The issue can be replicated by pressing Config > Bluetooth tab. "Bluetooth Module Failure" displays so I cannot configure or view paired devices and the phone does not find it as a bluetooth device.

I asked the dealer to look at during a service and they have said the error codes are B1020 & B1325. The issue is either with the facia or the IRC unit and they are unsure which one. It would be a few hours of chargeable work to determine the cause, then a new IRC unit would be $1100 (quote to come for facia). Unfortunately I have a dealer extended warranty rather than a Holden extended warranty so they won't fix it under warranty.

At first the dealer said on the service report "Reset, customer to monitor" and verbally said it appeared to be OK after a reset (battery disconnect/reconnect which I already tried).
It was not OK, as the first thing I did was Config > Bluetooth and the error displayed and I told them straight away. They then said they'd need to source test parts.

I used to go into the console of my old VS then VT for head unit purposes, don't particularly want to do it on the VE as it is in good nick.

My questions are;
Has this error "Bluetooth Module Failure" happened to anyone before? If so, what was the cause and resolution?

I don't particularly want to get a bluetooth to radio device, are there any good alternatives for the VE?

Looking at a few posts there seems to be an actual bluetooth module (as the error would imply) but the dealer is saying it could be in the facia/IRC. Is the bluetooth in the VE a standalone module that hooks into the controller or is it part of the whole thing - IRC?

Side question as it won't matter if I don't get bluetooth back - does anyone know of a fix for having to press speaker than back to bluetooth for outgoing calls on iPhones - this was on iPhone 5S, wasn't able to try the 6S as the module failure happened.

Thanks
Josh

linz1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2
Hey mate, did you end up resolving the issue? As my car has just started to say 'Bluetooth module failure' also

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If he hasn't found the module yet it is behind Te glove box...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
this is the Bluetooth module in the series 1, its above the glovebox(remove the glovebox to find it)

1hpg5z.jpg

the series 2 Bluetooth I think is inbuilt into the main unit like it is with all the mylinks.

if this is the case with the series 2 then yeah you will probably need to replace the unit and it would be quiet expensive, I don't think holden services these iq/mylink units they just replace the whole thing.

Edz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 60th Anniversary
I just changed the Bluetooth module with a second hand one from fleabay and now instead of jamming on 'voice in' occasionally it does nothing. Is this a dodgy Bluetooth module or is there some setup or programming I have to do? The phone button on the wheel now does nothing and the phone doesn't detect any Bluetooth devices? Car is a 2008 series I VE.

Mike321

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve com10 3ltr Omega/BMWX5/ Landrover D1 V8
Hold the bottom for one second and if your phone is set up properly you can say "call ???????" And it will call but I'm starting to get cut on then on then off driving me nuts could be a phone update ????