Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore 2011 SS Sportswagon Stereo Speaker Problem

Rod Rockatansky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sportswagon SS
Ok, thanks. Apologies for being a bit naive. Do you know in the case of no speakers in the parcel shelf that if you adjust the fader to the front does only the dash speakers are on and if the fader is set to the rear that only the door speakers are on?
Rod R.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Ok, thanks. Apologies for being a bit naive. Do you know in the case of no speakers in the parcel shelf that if you adjust the fader to the front does only the dash speakers are on and if the fader is set to the rear that only the door speakers are on?
Rod R.
thats cool, not everyone knows etc, just putting up there for info

Rod Rockatansky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sportswagon SS
I removed the front door skins and found that the little wire has come off of both speakers. The electric window must have dragged it off, I put them back on and put the speaker in carefully to be sure that the wires wouldn't get caught. This fixed the problem, it wasn't an ohm problem. The sound is much, much better but I've had these 4 speakers sound much better with a Sony stereo in my EL Falcon. I think the next step is a small amp for under the dash.

20210214_140933.jpg
20210214_140933.jpg