Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore 60th ann - lockdown after changing battery

DC74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE08
Hi need some advice.

Have a 60th anniversary VE, great car love it! The other day I recharged battery in boot (steps on process listed below). FYI I charged up the battery as the car has beenin the shed for a few weeks but started every week.

Disconnected the negative then pos terminals so battery had no connections nor earthed to the car etc
Recharged battery as per normal process here.. charger confirmed battery was fully charged
Reconnected the positive then the negative terminal back to the battery
Went to start car

When reconnected and jumped in to the vehicle (before I even put the key in the ignition) I noticed the car had a lock and car symbol on the dash above the temp gauge and appears as a red symbol. The car won't respond to the key transponder nor start, no lights etc. The immobiliser light beside the stereo face is flashing ok. The car seems to be completely locked down in some security mode. I spoke to 2 diff dealer and they both told me I have to tow it to the dealership as they cannot be sure what the issue is..... am i the first person to change a battery in a VE commodore since 2008 for them to never have heard of this issue??

Reading into it looks like I might need to hook it to TECH2 ?? to have it reprogrammed... what are the costs and options for professional services.... IF this is the issue.

Thanks. DC

DC74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE08
Hi. No i will locate it and try.... have you heard of this working? cheers.