Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore amp install

Disturbed360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega S1
ok so I’m looking to install a amp into my mums series 1 ve omega I’ve never done one in a ve before but I’ve done one previously in a vt and a vx commodore since it has a aftermarket head unit with rca’s is the install basically the same as a vt/vx install just connect rcas, power, earth and remote wires nothing I need to disconnect besides battery before starting? Sorry if this is a noob question it’s my mums car and not mine and don’t want to risk hurting anything in the car in the process as I’ve heard that can be expensive. Also sorry to mods if this is in the wrong section as ive never posted here before.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
You might have more luck if you post this in the car audio section.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Simplified Version:

* Remove Earth from Battery.

* You need to install a LOC (Line our converter as there are no RCA in the back) and wire to one of the speaker wires. If you have the premium subs in the boot then use one of them wire's otherwise one of the rear door wires are easiest to get too.

* Grab the remote wire behind the stereo near the bottom drivers side. Its where a lighter would normally run in cars.

The other important things like connect Fuse closer to the positive. Proper gauge Wire for install etc

Disturbed360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega S1
Thanks for the reply mate got aftermarket hvac system and double din headunit in the car so won’t need a loc will just run rcas from back of aftermarket headunit thanks again for the reply was just making sure it wasn’t to different from what I’ve done beforehand before I even considered doing it lol best to be informed before getting halfway through the job and going ok wth am I doing here haha.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Nice. I have never dealt with that system before so it might have a remote wire for you already too

Disturbed360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega S1
Yeah it does have a remote wire aswell it’s a pioneer avh205bt model had to replace head unit and ac controls the ac controls are aerpro brand and allow use of standard wheel controls for anyone interested. it was constantly throwing mechanism and CD errors drove me and my mum crazy it would constantly throw the error every 5 minutes or as soon as you hit a bump lol put up with it for a year before we bought the system in the photo got it few months ago for $450 free post which I thought was cheap as most I’ve seen are about $800-1000+ installed myself was pretty simple now looking to put in a amp and sub as mines been collecting dust for 2 years now and it’s only had 4 weeks of use lol. Here is a photo for anyone interested in how it looks.

Attachments

• 1CEB65C0-C58C-49E8-9A07-C16A88C9E229.jpeg
    1CEB65C0-C58C-49E8-9A07-C16A88C9E229.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Disturbed360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega S1
Sure I can do that this is a aftermarket hu thou keep in mind I have to take it out tomorrow anyway to re-wrap my remote wire I put in today run out of electrical tape and bought some once I was finished with the install so I’ll take some pics for you then