Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore amp install

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
got it few months ago for $450 free post which I thought was cheap as most I’ve seen are about $800-1000+ installed myself was pretty simple

What did the install involve? Did you not have to do any ECU programming? Any modifications to stock wires? or just plug and play>?

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I'm more interested in seeing photos of back of hu & amp, please, if possible.
Friend wants me to install sub amp into his ve Calais.

You realize his will look different to yours? Unless you have the same aftermarket System like he does?

Disturbed360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega S1
What did the install involve? Did you not have to do any ECU programming? Any modifications to stock wires? or just plug and play>?
All plug and play used a aerpro app9 isoplug from super cheap/autobarn etc the install kit I bought from street sound vision no ecu programming or anything like that I did not have to cut one wire at all in the car till I did a speaker upgrade and installing the amp. when I bought mine they only worked for S1 ve’s ive heard they’ve now released them for S2 and vf’s now aswell. hardest part is fitting the climate control sensor to your heaterbox or atleast for me it was lol they even have a full installion video to watch on YouTube which I found pretty handy.

Disturbed360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega S1
You realize his will look different to yours? Unless you have the same aftermarket System like he does?
Yes I was already thinking that I’m not sure what system he has or if they even have one no harm in posting some pics thou I guess.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I don't have a ve.
My friend has a ve Calais, who would like me to install a sub amp into the Calais for him.
I thought it maybe a little easier to install, if l have a look first, before doing his.

Disturbed360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega S1
I don't have a ve.
My friend has a ve Calais, who would like me to install a sub amp into the Calais for him.
I thought it maybe a little easier to install, if l have a look first, before doing his.
Does it have the standard headunit still or a aftermarket one in it like mine I’m not familiar with standard ones but I believe xplaya might be to help you better on standard headunits then I’ll be able to as I’ve never done a install with one as I have an aftermarket system. That’ll be the factor determining which route you take.

Disturbed360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega S1
Here’s pictures of the hu wiring it may vary to what’s in your friends car I can take more tomorrow if you want pictures of the actual inputs on back of the stereo. depending what your friend has installed it’ll be different my rcas just go into back of head unit if they have a standard headunit you’ll need to use a line out converter connected to rear speaker wires to use rca leads instead of plugging rca’s into the hu also the same if the amp has high level inputs if I’m correct I’m not really familiar with that way as I’ve never done it probably best to ask xplaya. Also another note if your friend has an aftermarket alarm system make sure he disarms it using the siren key before disconnecting the battery for the amp power wire / fuse or the alarm will go off I nearly forgot to turn my alarm off using the key my neighbours wouldn’t of been happy I like in a block of units lol.

Attachments

• 531BFE67-2297-4BAE-BF70-E68C1D5948A7.jpeg
    531BFE67-2297-4BAE-BF70-E68C1D5948A7.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 238