Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Blaupunkt Stereo Code Entry

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Ok, I have read so many threads but can't find what I am looking for. I have a 2008 Commodore Omega with the Blaupunkt Stereo. It has the CD mechanism falure problem so I want to pull it out and take it apart and see what I can do. I have all the Security numbers etc but I can't find the instructions anywhere for entering the code in this model stereo. I have found how to do it for earlier Commodore stereos, even Holden Astras but not the VE Omega base model stereo. I may not need to, but if I do it would be nice to know. The procedure for some are just weird and I dont want to get it wrong. I think it is a Blaupunkt L1 Radio Box or some thing like that (single CD player). And no ash trays or glove box light. I think the Greenys may have sanitized my car ? Thanks. I mean thanks for any help.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the stereo connects to the can system and does not need a code

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
So if I pull it out and then re-connect it later, are you saying there is no chance of ever having to enter a security code ? Not even a slight chance.

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
As I understand it, if you cut the power to the stereo, like when you pull it out then you may need to enter the security code once it is installed again.
Maybe I won't have to but if I do need to enter the code, then I would like to know the procedure as some stereo security codes need to be entered in a certain way. They are not all simply a case of entering say the number 5 by hitting button 5, sometimes you hit number 1 five times. I just want to get it right.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the stereo has the vin number in it
if it is removed and refitted to original vehicle it will check over the can lines and be happy
if you fit a different head unit you will need to enter the vin number with correct scan tool

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It does not require a code. They are VIN matched as already mentioned.
I’ve had my series one unit out and then in before. I’ve had the series 2 unit out for 5mths and put back in and it’s good to go. No codes.

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
So it looks like I will probably be ok and won't have to enter the security code but I (and probably others) would still like to know the procedure for future reference. I just know, one day I will be doing something to the stereo and will be thinking there won't be any need to enter the security code and what do you know, I will have to enter the code. Things always seem to go that way, so if anyone knows the procedure, thanks.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
So it looks like I will probably be ok and won't have to enter the security code but I (and probably others) would still like to know the procedure for future reference. I just know, one day I will be doing something to the stereo and will be thinking there won't be any need to enter the security code and what do you know, I will have to enter the code. Things always seem to go that way, so if anyone knows the procedure, thanks.
I have a 2007 calais v, I replaced the stereo with second hand unit from same model. Just had to get someone to program the VIN number to replacement unit. No other security code needed. Once it's done you can pull out and put back in same unit and it doesn't need anything else

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Yeh, I may never need to enter the code but I think it would be good to know. I may never get a flat but I still carry a spare.

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I'm a bit surprised that nobody has had to do this or know how to do this. I guess people just chuck these budget model stereos when there is a problem so never need to enter anything. The procedure should be in the log book for each type of stereo, but that makes to much sense.