Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Error Codes / Safety Mode

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
hey guys , new to the forum .

i have 2006 SV6 , which im pretty happy with although having ownership for 2 months i have come to some pretty annoying faults , can anyone shed light on this. i have googled a lot and searched but cant seam to find enough info

1/ driving esp comes on and off prefusely , engine warning light on. many times in the last month , usually dissapears on a good day . two days ago im driving , esp came on , then 'safety mode' . chucked the car into limp mode , stopped and turned the car off hoping it'd go away , nothing worked . then she wouldnt start . battery died , so i called nrma and got a new one since the last owner hadnt changed it , i knew it was on it way out because it wouldnt turn over too well. so the battery changed , engine light dissapeared and she went great . thinking im in the clear.

2/ yesterday same spot of road , she went into safety mode. i removed the battery terminal and she reset the car , making it drivable again .

went to holden today , they said there isnt anything wrong . $88 for a diagnostic , and they had cleared the ecu , they said it if it happens again come back. here are the codes , they didnt really explain much , kinda useless in informing me.

- p0700
- p2637

anybody have any previous experience with this ? cheers guys

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Cant help you but on a diffrent note I just did the wifes car (Toyota Aurion) some how a sensor come off and alarms and lights golore :D .Went to Toyota and spent 45 mins getting codes clears/back/cleared etc and they never charged. I`d probally look for a diffrent dealer if they only did a diagnostic ..2ndly Ring the service dept of a dealer and quote those codes and they should be able to tell you what they are that maybe more helpful for people to answer. From my above dealings with the Aurion the ESP coming on is probally from some othere fault activeing it

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
Po700 is Transmission Control System (Mil Request )
sorry looked up on other code couldnt find it.

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
P2637 - Torque Management Feedback Signal A

If that "helps"

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
thanks for the help guys , im just wondering if these things are serious and that there is a major probelm, or weather the car is just playing games

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I'm not sure if this applies to your situation but I took my car to tyre shop and they accidentally fitted the wrong profile tyre on the rears and as soon as I got 500 metres down the road the ESP turned off then the ABS and then a CONTACT SERVICE warning so I took it back and after a few hours off miss diagnosis they finally realized that the tyres were a 5% profile out.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
P2637 - Torque Management Feedback Signal A

If that "helps"

I actually downloaded an app on my iphone for car codes

It agrees with the above for that one

The other one says "torque management feedback signal A"

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
again thanks for the replies.

pjdm : interesting info ,although what happens when people go up sizes in wheels , do they get all this temperamental trouble with warnings , im in the process of lowering my car , hope i dont get any more silly warnings.

bonners: ha thats pretty intersting , an app to get error codes , share the details ...

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Search the app store for

fuzzycodes

I just got the lite version