Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Error Codes / Safety Mode

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
To my dissapointment , i went for a quick drive this morning after lowering the car and the damn engine light came on again after the ESP turning off flashed. any suggestions as to why this is constantly happening , im getting a consult cable this week to check codes my self instead of wasting another $88 on holden doing it.

panthergreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS karma blue
my brake sensors have **** themselves a couple of times now, same warnings come up...

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
my brake sensors have **** themselves a couple of times now, same warnings come up...

Yes same here with the warnings. Ended up being a dodgy right rear abs sensor harness. After 6mths and multiple visits to the local Holden dealer who orginal replaced my bluetooth module ($300), battery ($300) and updated the software (2x$88) it ended up being a $55 harness that once diagnosed I just bought from the spares dept and had my new mechanic fit for $20. All good now. Never going neear that Service Dept again.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
yeah iv been reading up heaps about what could be the problem , i took all the sensors out today and cleaned any debre off them . reset the battery again , damn bitch still came on today . esp off , following by the engine light on . i dont want to go spending money on all these things hoping to remedy the problem. and i definitly want to steer clear from holden.

:womble66, how did they detect that the sensor wasnt working? i want to eliminate each problem , if thats not it ill go get a wheel alignment sometime this week.

CJY92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I had issues with my abs/stability being really sensitive after new rear tyres where fitted it would come on sometimes around corners was fairly inconsistent, took it to holden $120 later didn't fix it gave the car software updates, went back again and turned out to be the steering rack was off centre and it thought the car was turning more than what it was, wheel alignment sorted it out though.

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
womble66, how did they detect that the sensor wasnt working? i want to eliminate each problem , if thats not it ill go get a wheel alignment sometime this week.

I don't know the codes it was throwing up but the symptoms remained unchanged after each attempt by holden service department to fix it which was: 1) ABS Failure message at random 2) followed by ESP disabled message 3) followed by Engine/Service light on dash.

Finally they said it was the right rear abs sensor harness so I took a gamble and bought the part and this time it fixed the issue.

Every time I went back they flashed the software and changed something but never resolved the issue. It would be OK for a few days then it would start occuring again. Last time I went was just before a long trip and they said all good but it lasted 100km and then I drove 4000km around tasmania then back home before the last fix by me.

Sorry can't help any more than that.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
if this is any help to shed light , mine has come on whilist the car was warming up , sitting stationary in the driveway . it lasted a day after i rest the battery. the previous owner said he had the same problem , said he went to holden and they couldnt diagnose it.

im considering the wheel allignment . anyone know of any other problems that could set this thing off ? im pretty worried about going driving now , its pretty scary to think if you were on a highway doing 100kms and the car just went into limp mode, a dangerous accident is in the cards.

cheers guys

xselr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6
Safety Mode / Throttle bidy noises

I have an Omega V6 2006 sedan and the throttle body clicks and carrys on. The car even surges, the engine light and ESP light shows up all the time, Ive just ordered a throttle body from the wreckers hoping this will fix it otherwise its a death trip especially in the city!
Anyway thought i'd add my 2 cents worth as these lights show up on mine as well.
CHEERS

Also I have sprated my discs and calipers silver maybe thats why the ESP light comes on.... Will let you know when throttle body is fitted

Last edited:

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Todays Update :

1. Changed spark plugs to ngk platinums . reset battery again . then i went for a drive up the street , not 100 meters out of driveway she came on , esp then engine light . then 1km after she went into safety mode (havent had this in a while) .

2. Cleaned MAF sensor and opened air box and surrounding vents. i did notice the hose that connects after the MAF and which runs down to the back of the engine (passenger side) had oil at the tip when i pulled it out. also opened up the piece which connects to the inlet manifold , found a heap of oil . reset battery again , drove around for 5 mins , no esp and no engine light as yet ... still questioning though how long itll last , any other things i can clean or diagnose to sort this out ?

xselr8: feel your pain buddy , you changing just the throttle body ? maybe you should try some of the things iv done , clean abs sensors , maf sensor , any little trivial things before i hit the wallet hard.and i doubt the calipers being painted would effect anything to be honest

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,864

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Hopefully it was the MAF being "oiled" that was your problem, keep us posted as you drive it more