Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Facia Kit Reviews?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The other options are Kayhan screen (not one of my favs but others like it.).
The Alpine HVAC controller is the other. It seems to only be sold paired with an Alpine headunit of choice.

Renski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 2009 Series 1
So you have the Aero one and happy?

Why not a fan of Kayhan screen?

Here is what I have founds about Kayhan audio

Imac Attack AU
99 subscribers
"Kayhan Audio Is Not Recommended Due To Poor Customer Support And Treating There Existing Costumers As Test Guinea Pigs. ACCC Complaints are now in the works. I no longer recommend this product the support is very poor the product is of poor quality we have had far to many problems with this unit there have been Bluetooth issues car battery draining people's Fords GPS signal issues the list goes on it turns out Kayhan Audio have been using there customer base as test guinea pigs and these poor customers are being black mailed to replace the faulty Ver.1 and Ver.2 units at a further cost of $450 these customers will end up paying a total of around $1,500 and these units are not worth anywhere near this amount. Exciting customers have vented there anger with Kayhan Audio on there Facebook page only to have them removed to cover up the bad publicity and backlash. It is recommended that exciting customers take ACCC action at https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/co... and lodge a refund or replacement request for the Version.3 unit at little to no cost to you. Kayhan Audio ABN No. is :- 51 799 255 761 they have deliberately on posted this on there website and is another breach of consumer laws in Australia. It is a breach of Australian consumer laws to use paying customer's as test subjects without written and signed consent."

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol. They had a heap of problems with them. Some say those have been rectified.

Renski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 2009 Series 1
I looked them up on Google and local reviewers seem happy... only 3 one star review on nearly 400
... the 4rth lowest is 4 stars then 5 stars all the way, everyone seems happy with customer support etc... weird

1616839405340.png

tonychar

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore and vk v8 calais
I have the aero kit in my ve 08 model works great had no problems with it got it fitted at autobarn I give it a great rating
the later model I’ve heard has problems mine is the stranded one

the vz sandyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE manual Commodore ute
Hi there,

I had the Aero kit installed on my 2009 Calais and found the engineering a bit too cheap gadget for me.

[/URL]

Would there be a place where I can find reviews so I can compare what's on the market?
welcome to the club, as the aftermarket kits for the s1 ve's are really cheap and all have issues, our poor ve ss s1 has the aircon kick on full blast with it's crappy lcd screen on bootup everytime, ashame it's not easy to utilise the s2's system for aftermarket head units as the s2's are really awesome for the sound quality and all that jazz.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The sound quality in our S1 Calais fitted with S2 IQ is shizen compared with the S1 headunit.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The media player in the IQ sounds fine with high bit rate MP3 files and CD's.
The tuner section lets it down...