Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*****VE COMMODORE***** (First Pics! Comp Edited)

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Hsv_008, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Hsv_008

Hsv_008 Guest

VE COMMODORE The 1st Computer Generated illustrations(arn't 100% accurate), from the latest WHEELS mag, shows australia's next favourite car! ALSO HOLDEN is ready to launch its 1st attack on FORD's Territory and Toyota's Kluger with the "C100"! Which i hope will kick both of there buttz! The VE is Based on an audi im not sure if its the A6 or A4 but it mostly looks like the TT36 Torana! Holden employees working on the VE, have been told to keep the Ve project understrict confidentililty! :whistling
    The VE is ON SALE AROUND JULY/ AUGUST 2006...
    Price (est) FROM $36,000 Executive

GO 2: www.wheelsmag.com.au
    Or grab yourself a copy ON SALE NOW!

Attached Files:

2. NHS

NHS New Member

Members Ride:
    VR Berlina
    The car's look is growing on me!

Damn news agency ain't open, supermarket it is! :w00t:

3. Hsv_008

Hsv_008 Guest

U THINK THATS A GOOD PIC WAIT TILL U SEE THE INTERIOR!!! AWESUM... (u may be waiting a while>!)

4. RKZ234

RKZ234 Guest

It would need to be a lot different from the bland and unimmaginative VY & VZ's interior before I'd be getting excited, but the exterior looks good from the magazine images.

But, if it's based on an Audi A6, it means the VE will be a fair bit smaller than the VT-VZ platform.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2005
  5. hakhawk

hakhawk smooth moderator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
    goddamn, im surprised it took this long to get that pic up here, the mag has been on the shelves for a good 2 weeks now. come on, wheres the scanned pages from it? id do it, but i couldnt be stuffed buying the mag just to scan the pics. and i cant save from the scanner at work. anyway, i think it looks pretty good for another computer generated picture.

6. Donnie

Donnie New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Black SV8
    um...its based on an audi...this move by Holden is questionable. Why is holden going Euro...its a commodore dammit! a commodore! It may kill holden in the sales...(look what happened to Ford's AU!!!) I hope that doesnt happen...unless of couse the rival Ford will take the same path as Holden and base their new (if planning) Falcon on a Euro car...but thats just me.

7. sting ls2

sting ls2 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
    glad i got the vz,if this is what the ve is going to look like, i dont like it,as is australia is not a part of europe so why follow there body styles.holden dont follow opel. :mad:

8. Hsv_008

Hsv_008 Guest

AS I SAID THIS IS ONLY A COMPUTER GENERATED PICTURE FROM THE LATEST WHEELS MAG... NOT 100% accurate... Dont think they know everything... cause they dont! Holden is realeasing more than 2 New Models in the range including the new Viva (which 2 me looks like a Daewoo Lanos),
    I Can't wait till i see sum ford pics?!
    If anyone 'HAPPENS' to come across sum plz post :flame:
    The Vt was My favourite model to be realeased on2 the market, Vx was the down point for Holden... Holden should be able to come out on top :whistling

9. asylum

asylum Guest

from what i've heard from "someone" workin on the VE is that even tho they're only computer generated pics, they are very accurate (not sure about the lack of wing on the SS, looks great, doubt they'd do it)

as for holden taking cues fron europe, this is absolutely the opposite... the only thing i've heard about taking after audi etc is their target quality, eg panel fitment (as mentioned in that article), pretty much all holdens imports from europe are being replaced with korean models, which apparently will have more of a holden "family face" to them (as mitsubishi failed to to succesfully).

i don't know how this will affect quality or price, but i'd say its a big move (especially to replace the Barina and Astra!)

10. Hsv_008

Hsv_008 Guest

YeP i agree wif him The ve isnt made completly out of the audi but it is taking design motives so, maybe more quality can come out or sumthin..!? tell us wat u think anywayz! I WANT SUM FORD PICS IF THERE IS ANY... :hit: VE is going to be very nice CAUSE ITS A HOLDEN and most holdens ive seen are mad appart from SUM* sh*t looking vt's and vy' getting done up to make it sumthin its not... (eg:exec=senator) looks like crap unless u do it up using the proper parts..but thats my 2 cents worth..

11. Full Spectrum

Full Spectrum Bro it's a VW your Audi!

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    They said the VY wouldnt make it, They said the VY was holdens AU. But hey wern't they wrong;).
    Holden has always had a thing for Audi cars most people like Audi cars cause they are nice. Holden like them they made the torana on it Small light powerful.

But that VE pic. No wing body kit fog lights etc. HSV will have trouble working on that VE pic;)

12. daveb8

daveb8 New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Executive
    i've noticed a lot of similarity in the shape of the boots (see attached) the vx has a round back like some audis, and the vy has a > kinda shape if you know what i mean.....maybe just look at the pics

Attached Files:

13. Hsv_008

Hsv_008 Guest

Yep see ya point, have a look at the new boot on the ve and then look at the boot of the latest audi's and u probably wouldnt be able to tell them apart... :confused:

14. chaz

chaz Guest

i didnt relise that that is just wierd.... when you put them together...

15. RKZ234

RKZ234 Guest

So just keep an eye on the Audi and that'll be the look of the Commodore about 3-5 yrs later!

16. Hsv_008

Hsv_008 Guest

:w00t: :w00t: Oh well I LUV AUDI n'e ways so its fine wif me... I Dont like the way Subaru and wat the fcuk is wif the CAMRY they kinda get more and more fugly... GOD DAMN GET SUM NEW DESIGNERS TOYOTA "NICE HILUX! :D " ...
    NICE NEW MONARO CV8-Z... LUV THE COLOUR!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

17. Jim_Bob

Jim_Bob Guest

i used to work for MGH as current VZ ss owners will know the frount quator panel indicator were manufactured by MHG, us imployees where shown the VZ series in march of 03! and i seen pics of the VE and boys i can tell u its looks kinda queer. sorri i cant get anymore detail i signed a confidentuality clause lol

18. Hsv_008

Hsv_008 Guest

I can't wait till the VE arrives, :w00t: I think that this one will be a an AUSSIE ICON just like the monaro or sumthin< ITS GOTTA BE BETTER THAN THE PLASTIC FORD CRAP :rofl: >! More PICTURES ARE NEEDED PLZ POST... :thumbsup:

19. Troy711

Troy711 Retired Old Fart Staff Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
    yea you can say more... cos noone knows who you really are... ;)

20. Hsv_008

Hsv_008 Guest