Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*****VE COMMODORE***** (First Pics! Comp Edited)

SpeedRacer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VZ SV6 A5
I reckon the real thing will look quite different to the pics MOTOR has run. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

V

vsclarion4u

new ford

This months edition of wheels further comments on the 2006 Ve, but we see first pics of the upgraded ford. the new 'BF' doesn't look much different. mainly just front bumber. the xr has changed from a smily face to a sad one and the flood light layout is different. i rekon it looks pretty mad!. for a ford anyway. on the fairlane the grill has finally got abit of character instead of that boring black stip. no pics of the back yet, but the new commy will blow em all away wateva the ford looks like. :thumbsup:

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
Cars these days are just plain scary. I mean what is the go with the ALLOYTEC it has
no accelerator cable. Im NOT ripping on them or nothing but how is your local mechenic suposta fix that. Than ya got your agerage joe backyard mechenic were not going to go there.
By the way the pics well the car's different! Im un-desided weather i like it or not.

H

Hsv_008

I seen the pics of the 'New' :sleeping: BF falcon and they dont look different which is Sh** why can't they change sumthing so you can actually tell the cars apart, other than the grill and fog lightz!!The series 2 of any commodore or falcon looks crap... apart from the Vy / Vz Aleast you can tell them apart...
I saw sumthin in WHEELS MAG that said sumthin like "HSV THINKS THEY WON THE BATTLE , BUT they havent"(nOt 100% sure) is it just me or does Wheelz tend to stand more for the falcon then commodore?!?! Dont Wheels have sumthin to do wif FORD?! THE NEW ELFIN IS HEAPS NICE!:rice:! WWW.WHEELSMAG.COM.AU
Luv the New SS COP CARS... :cops:

R

RKZ234

I LIKE COMMODORES said:
Cars these days are just plain scary. I mean what is the go with the ALLOYTEC it has
no accelerator cable. Im NOT ripping on them or nothing but how is your local mechenic suposta fix that. Than ya got your agerage joe backyard mechenic were not going to go there.
By the way the pics well the car's different! Im un-desided weather i like it or not.

Holden started that with the Vectra in 97/98. It's part of the strategy to stop non dealership servicing and repairs.

Which isn't a problem so much in metro areas. But go to the country, where you'll discover dealerships can be many hundred k's apart and it becomes a big issue. Through trying to be smart, they are actually being dumb and costing themselves sales.

Another example of this sort of High Tech vehicle designed to be dealer only serviced and maintained for life is the Nissan Patrol 3.0 Turbo Diesel Intercooled version.

It is why 4.2lt Diesel Landcruisers sell so well in the bush, where the Nissan Patrol 3.0 Turbo Diesel Intercooled version doesn't. The Patrol 3.0 TDI is a great machine, but suffers all sorts of problems from about 90,000 km onwards and needs to to be "diagnosed" by a pricey piece of dealer machinery

You can fix an N/A Cruiser by the side of the road in most circumstances where the Patrol needs a tow to a dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
OH alright thanx RKZ234 did'nt know they were like it as well.
Top's reply mate.

H

Hsv_008

Is it just me or DOES THOSE PICS LOOK MORE LIKE A FORDS GRILL??? I thought the VE wasnt gonna have the tacky rubber strips on the roof as well??! MUST JUST BE ME>>> :w00t: