Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*****VE COMMODORE***** (First Pics! Comp Edited)

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Just do a web search.

Lots of VE'Mules'.

The wheels picture slook like the Torana TT36 concept car.

The 'motor' pictures are a hybrid of the Saturn Aura and the Torana.

There's a few web logs incorporating the VE mules in the U.S.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I would say the VE commodore isnt an aussie icon, its a euro icon. i feel let down by holden for designing this car, its not even a commodore anymore! as far as im concerned!
Its Bloody vectra... and before we know it, there gonna makin a bloody front wheel drive version!!!!

Atleast the 6.0L is impressive.
I wonder what the V8 Supercar version will look like, they will probs keep the VZ.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
The VE commodore looks to me a lot like the the new mitsubishi, at least in the rear quarter panel, it looks similar to a lot of these newer Japanese and Korean cars (Euro) but unlike them it will be rear wheel drive, I doubt we'd ever see the day where Commodore or Falcon would go front wheel drive, there would probably be other rival front wheel drives with better quality control and features (such as a door open warning light which my 1977 Sigma had but my 2001 VX does not) they simply have to stay RWD or they'd both (Holden and Ford) be finished

M

malafunkshun

Hsv_008, you could be right about the Viva. I recently drove a Chevrolet Optra in Guam, and my first thought was that it looked more like a Korean car than a Chevrolet. I did a bit of easy digging and that's exactly what it turned out to be - a Daewoo, :ranting: but get this - with a Holden engine! The wheels of international car manufacturing take many different turns.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hsv_008

The viva to me is a daewoo lanos! Holden has deiceded to make its new barina following the daewoo kalos... DAEWOO DIDNT DO SOO GOOD>>> WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO KEEP THOSE CARS ALIVE.... SUM ONE SHOULD SAY SUMTHIN TO EM' :air: And id HATE :ranting: to see both Commodore and Falcon turned into front wheel drive....

R

RKZ234

Hsv_008 said:
The viva to me is a daewoo lanos! Holden has deiceded to make its new barina following the daewoo kalos... DAEWOO DIDNT DO SOO GOOD>>> WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO KEEP THOSE CARS ALIVE.... SUM ONE SHOULD SAY SUMTHIN TO EM' :air: And id HATE :ranting: to see both Commodore and Falcon turned into front wheel drive....

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! WTF are they smoking at Holden?

Dump the Euro Barina (good little runabout that does surprisingly well on the hwy) then bring in a dud (Deawoo Kalos) which couldn't cut the mustard against the aforementioned Euro Barina, then rebadge the dud as a Barina!!
:rofl:

If Holden or Henry go Front Wheel Drive on the Commodore or Falcon, that would be the end of the Australian Automotive Manufacturing Industry. Once a FWD platform becomes our staple vehicle, it will be imported as it can be made cheaper elsewhere. It will be an Australianised American mass produced thingy, probably something like a modern day Taurus!! :supersad: We all remeber what an absolute winner that was for Ford don't we?

It will also ruin the manufacturer stupid enough to do it too, because Aussies want a car that can cope with our lousy rural roads, many of which are dirt, plus we want a car that is capable of towing.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
how about the fantastic-ness of the holden building the caprice in korea ??