Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore misfires.

Justin 92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Hey guys. Just new to this thread.
But i have a auto 2007 ve commodore that has recently started misfiring in cylinder 4 and apparently another random misfire going by my scanned results. Ive also noticed ( a week later after the misfires ) that my check oil light has come on just after doing a oil change and oil filter change?
Ive gotten the right oil grade just dont understand this issue?
Misfires at low rpm shile accelerating but not at high rpm if ive manually changed gears. If it downs gears itself under acceleration it shits its self misfiring and goes into a sorta limp mode where it continues to misfire with all cylinders even at idle. Check engine light goes spastic.
If i shut the car down and start it up again it goes bacj to being fine with just cylinder 4 misfiring randomly under acceleration.
History that im aware off.
Has had O2 sensor replaced within 2 weeks of buyung. had a minor front accident like 10 collision. Was repaired and was fine no codes thrown .
Last year during the stupidly heavy rain and hail it went through a large ammount of water during a blackout on a corner and water got in 3 of the cylinders via the air intake. Went instantly into from what i was told compression lock? And wouldnt fire
Had the 3 cylinders drained and air dried and coils and plugs dried and cleaned of water. Alsi had the oil checked and replaced at the time although there was no water in the oil at all. Start and had a slight hiccup that disappeared about 2 days later. Then this issue started to occur randomly. It misfire for a day the bugger off for a few months. Then come back. Now its come back and not buggerin off.
Any input or/and suggestions would be fantastc.
Only thing i can think off is to replace the coils and plugs.

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Justin,

I would likely be that your plugs and coils need replacing, however before you do that though I would suggest you do a compression check, given it sounds like you've possibly hydrolocked your engine before.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve