Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore oil filter blocked

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If it breaks it's a good opportunity for a LS swap.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Mine was as bad as Ive ever seen even in pictures and its still going strong today 70000km later so if you put in the time as long as theres no bearing damage it will work out......... take the tappet cover off and inspect for the sludge and then the sump ...... maybe drop a mains cap and big end off near the back and check out the bearings for damage there.
The guy you bought it off must have known about it

Last edited:

LG2325

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE + VZ + VY +
Mine was as bad as Ive ever seen even in pictures and its still going strong today so if you put in the time as long as theres no bearing damage it will work out......... take the tappet cover off and inspect for the sludge and then the sump ...... maybe drop a mains cap and big end off near the back and check out the bearings for damage there.
Mine was as bad as Ive ever seen even in pictures and its still going strong today so if you put in the time as long as theres no bearing damage it will work out......... take the tappet cover off and inspect for the sludge and then the sump ...... maybe drop a mains cap and big end off near the back and check out the bearings for damage there.
I just got off gum tree got it home put it in. Took oil filter out to find this build up slug in it. Any help plz would be good thx I'll put pic up
Yer he did. Thx everyone for the help I can't up load pics sorry but IV started scrubbing wat a mess

LG2325

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE + VZ + VY +
He
He did know.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Some before and after pictures ...the front sprockets were crunching up the sludge against the timing cover and bits were falling in pieces into the sump
But it cleans up ok
IMG_sludge 3.jpg
IMG_sludge7.jpg
IMG_sludge4.jpg
IMG_sludge2.jpg
IMG_sludge gonei.jpg