Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Omega - Centre Console/Dash Lights

falcodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Holden Calais
Hi all, long time reader first time poster.

Just curious about something I observed in a VE Omega recently. Do the console lights, that is, the lights on the head unit and the LCD screen light up every time you open the door?

I think the instrument cluster also lights up when you open the door? Or were my eyes deceiving me?

I'm just very curious about this. I am certain that the Omega I sat in did this. But if not so, is there any way for this to be achievable?

Cheers all!

falcodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Holden Calais
62 views and nobody knows? I'm sure someone out there knows something! Would be great if you could help out haha.

WELSHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE 6lt SS Ute
my girlfriend has an omega and i have an ss, and they both do it as part of the approach lighting effect i guess

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Sorry mate, had no idea. But went for a drive before and looked. No idea about the head unit still (replaced mine with after market), but no lcd or dash lights came on. Looked through the customize options menu on the dash as I guessed that was the most likely way to change it, but saw nothing. I have the approach and egress lighting set to off, so I'm going with Welshh's answer. Play around with that is all I can suggest as I can't find any separate options just for the dash/lcd/radio lights.