Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore roof lining

Vespers86

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commodore omega
Hey everyone, I was wanting to re do the headlining in my ve omega as it is starting to show signs that the material is coming away on the edges of the roof lining. Is it relatively easy to remove the roof lining on ve, and is the rear window brake light panel attached to the roof lining, not sure if I worded the cardboard roof moulding thing properly, sorry

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Hey Mate, just did mine 2 weeks ago. It’s pretty easy but fiddly and time consuming and yes the brake light is attached but you can remove it as you go.
C9153B0C-E179-463F-9539-70617F4BFED6.jpeg
0D517E06-C306-4EF0-9DF8-DDC10EC2136C.jpeg
F5A1D085-12ED-47A5-A926-548504092218.jpeg
7164F3C3-2F05-4685-AA42-4DC5D929CBA9.jpeg
I reclined the front seats down flat and took it out thru the front passenger door but you have to bend it carefully not to damage it as you take it out the door. Take your time. I did it without any help.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
Just easy to take it to an upholsterer. We got our omega roof lining done a few months ago and only cost us $220. By the time you buy the new material and the glue and spend hours getting the old one out and getting the old glue off its not worth the hassle. They know the easy ways to get the trim panels off. He said he does 8 every week. Just my 2 cents worth.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
It's not an easy job,but not that hard either .As long as you know what you doing,pretty straight forward,,,did mine 3 weeks ago,took me bout 3 hours,total cost $90...
Bit of advise,be very careful with sunvisor clips,
and remove rear level brake light assembly,recline pass. seat all the way down,push driver seat forward and wind the back support towards the wheel then you can remove it from the driver side rear pass. door.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Just easy to take it to an upholsterer. We got our omega roof lining done a few months ago and only cost us $220. By the time you buy the new material and the glue and spend hours getting the old one out and getting the old glue off its not worth the hassle. They know the easy ways to get the trim panels off. He said he does 8 every week. Just my 2 cents worth.

+1
When I had to get my SV6 roof lining done they came to me and had the job done in about an hour. They just flipped my old one out flipped someone else’s relined one in and take my old one back to the shop to reline for the next customer. Was about 200 odd bucks and a lot less hassle than doing it myself.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I found the job quite hard. I’ve done a few roof linings over the years and the VE was the hardest.
On the assembly line, it is fitted through the windscreen before that is fitted.
It is possible to not have to bend it.
All the pillar trims off. Some of the seat trims.

The most difficult task I had was reinstalling it.

Roof handle inner spacers had to be taped in place and longer screws were needed. Also visors were super hard to get in. Passenger was easier than drivers side visor (for what ever reason)

VZ is easy as. VP, easy as. Subaru, really easy. VE, OMFG

pogi23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
Hey everyone, I was wanting to re do the headlining in my ve omega as it is starting to show signs that the material is coming away on the edges of the roof lining. Is it relatively easy to remove the roof lining on ve, and is the rear window brake light panel attached to the roof lining, not sure if I worded the cardboard roof moulding thing properly, sorry
better get some quotes to do it then do u self

pogi23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
i wouldnt do that mine start to go also the drivers side but im not worried about it yet if so i get quotes

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The going rate is around $250-$300

pogi23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
ok better to check more places but that price is great where based