Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore stretched timing chain repair cost??

peterk

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL 5.7 Statesman
Are these timing chain issues only related to VZ and '06-'07 VEs????? Or are newer VEs showing problems now as well. Are they high mileage vehicles???? If so, what is considered high mileage????
Yep over 100ks and my 09 needs doing

Revhigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Maloo
We do genuine or cloyes kits for $999 for the kit and labour!!
www.revhigh.com.au
0415 546 361

Paddepop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportwagon 2010
mine was done in melbourne for $1700 and he supplied a car for me to use while it was being worked on.

Hi...where did you go for the work..mine needs doing! ??

Kyle.W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 SV6
Please do define how software can fix a stretched damaged mechanical component ?
The Software stretches the timing perimeters between the cams, meaning the computer doesn’t detect the mis (they’re only programmed to allow hundredths of mm each way). I’ve too looked into having my timing chain replaced; a full kit from Holden is approximately $750 and together installed totals somewhere between $1500-$1800 by Holden. For a local mechanic, the labour would be more as its such a tedious, fiddle job... Holden have the car for 24 hours

Treble1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 s2
Whats the cheapest place to get a ve commodore timing chain fixed? And what have people been qouted and where?
dealer here in Adelaide charges about $2800.00 all up i got my nephew to do mine Holden mechanic parts and labour $1400

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Please do define how software can fix a stretched damaged mechanical component ?

Cams are all about intake/zorst valves and spark timing. Just delay/advance/whatever the spark relative to the other 2 and you are near enough. Wallah.. Softwares.

Pobpitts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 S2 VE Berlina Sports Wagon
Got mine done for $1600 here in melbourne. and they also gave me a loan car to use while mine was in there. one thing i noticed on mine was loss of power. no noise from engline ran very smooth just loss of power. did u get the chance to see the code on there Tech 2. to make sure that is the code and there not just telling u this. i was next to my car when my mech hooked up his computer and saw my codes. i went to one mech and he told me... mate u need a whole new engine... urs cant be fiixed. i knew that was crap he was just trying to get money from me. i would never go to a dealer.. would cost u heaps.
Could you tell me where you had the work done please. All my quotes are at least $1000 more than yours cost. Thanks.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
this is where he got it fixed page 4 post 79 i copy and pastes his comment
i got mine done at peerless auto in lynbrook