Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Subwoofer Help!

dipz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 07
Hey All, I have got a 07 VE Commodore Omega And I'm looking at getting subs for my car. At this stage I dont want to put a sub in the boot or spare wheel area but am looking to fit sub woofers in the rear parcel shelf. I have an amp for them, just need to know what are some good free air 8 inch sub woofers for ve commodore. thanks

johnzombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
I want to know more about this too. I'm thinking of putting subs in my shelf but kind of making my own box that will attach underneath them. Don't know weather to bother with it or to get a big sub in the boot instead.

dipz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 07
Yehh, I had thought of making a custom box as well, but the problem with my car is that i got an lpg tank in the way. Might make things harder to install

Benji885

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 manual
If you dont wanna spend big, see if you can pick up someones second hand SSv, Calais or HSV 8 inchers second hand.

My mate did, sound good!

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I have the Calais subs in my car and they're pretty ****.

If you want decent bass and want to use the parcel shelf, it will take a lot of work strengthening and deadening the shelf, then building a properly sealed enclosure underneath. Plus you can only fit 8" subs that aren't that great even in an enclosure in such a big car.

I'd take the cheap and easy route of boxed 12" sub in the boot... If you want it out of the way, you could do a fiberglass corner enclosure but that'll start to add up if you have to pay someone else to do it.