Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE commodore using V8 maf

Peanuthad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I've been looking at some OTR modifications to the air intake on my v6 VE calais, however the MAF is connected to the air box and I cant use it for what I'd need. Just wondering if I'd be able to use a MAF off a VE SS, or are there issues with the cable not fitting or the sensor not functioning properly.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I've been looking at some OTR modifications to the air intake on my v6 VE calais, however the MAF is connected to the air box and I cant use it for what I'd need. Just wondering if I'd be able to use a MAF off a VE SS, or are there issues with the cable not fitting or the sensor not functioning properly.
At best it won’t run without a dyno tune as the expected airflow values will be wrong.

At worst you wouldn’t be able to use it at all as the sensor range/parameters are completely different.

I’m not sure which of those two are the answer but unless your up for getting it dyno tuned at best it’s not worth bothering.

Another option might be to remove the existing sensor and mount it in a suitable piece of plastic pipe that’s the same diameter as the existing pipe. It must be the same diameter otherwise the airflow values will be wrong.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If your using a v6 specific otr it would have provisions for the maf l would think, and as the guy above said you’ll need a tune too