Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Commodore Wiper Blades

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If yours is different post a picture of what you have

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I put a towel on the windscreen just in case.

Brian73

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr/ve commodore
Thanks for all the replies, had another crack this morning and got it. As stated simple 2 minute job now onto next job.

MichaelIngram

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore International Sportwagon VE 2009
Hi sorry for commenting in this thread I’m new and not sure how to search for the right term or chat section. I have a ten-year old VE sportwagon international. She’s done me well and I love her but am getting fleeced by servicing it with a dealer. Anyone recommend honest places to service it? It has a rattling gear shift knob at low revs which goes away if I just move the gear stick a fraction ... but they called today (it’s in for a service) to say the whole transmission mount needs replacing for $900. I go to the same place every year and have the same stress levels every time. Any advice appreciated. EDIT: I am in Bicton, 6157, WA

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for all the replies, had another crack this morning and got it. As stated simple 2 minute job now onto next job.
Thanks for letting us know how you went mate.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi sorry for commenting in this thread I’m new and not sure how to search for the right term or chat section. I have a ten-year old VE sportwagon international. She’s done me well and I love her but am getting fleeced by servicing it with a dealer. Anyone recommend honest places to service it? It has a rattling gear shift knob at low revs which goes away if I just move the gear stick a fraction ... but they called today (it’s in for a service) to say the whole transmission mount needs replacing for $900. I go to the same place every year and have the same stress levels every time. Any advice appreciated.
Some great guys from WA on here hopefully they will reply.
Perth is a big place mybe let them know what suburb.

MichaelIngram

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore International Sportwagon VE 2009
Some great guys from WA on here hopefully they will reply.
Perth is a big place mybe let them know what suburb.
Thank you so much - I've edited the post.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hi sorry for commenting in this thread I’m new and not sure how to search for the right term or chat section. I have a ten-year old VE sportwagon international. She’s done me well and I love her but am getting fleeced by servicing it with a dealer. Anyone recommend honest places to service it? It has a rattling gear shift knob at low revs which goes away if I just move the gear stick a fraction ... but they called today (it’s in for a service) to say the whole transmission mount needs replacing for $900. I go to the same place every year and have the same stress levels every time. Any advice appreciated. EDIT: I am in Bicton, 6157, WA

The guy I use is in Balcatta so a bit a of a hike from Bicton.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I love her but am getting fleeced by servicing it with a dealer. Anyone recommend honest places to service it? It has a rattling gear shift knob at low revs which goes away if I just move the gear stick a fraction ... but they called today (it’s in for a service) to say the whole transmission mount needs replacing for $900. I go to the same place every year and have the same stress levels every time. Any advice appreciated
Tell them they're dreaming!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d say Steve and Nick at Caltex Joondalup.
That’s bloody miles from you though.