Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE cousin - 2009 Pontiac G8 GT

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Looks mad. Always been a big fan of the pontiac version.

Are they releasing a G8 wagon? I know they recently released a Ute (pick up lol) version.

Silvereagle

Drives with wolves
Reaction score
Website
www.samiknife.com
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
The Ute is being launced for 2010 with the 6.0Liter and a DSI 3.6Liter V6.....same as the new Caddy CTS here in the US. So far it has sold as expected with the limited availability.........people that gets to see it is just stunned that it is a GM product. They 1st think it is some "weird" BMW 5 series.....but then they say wait........."Pontiac Emblem???WTF..........Americans don't make something THIS good?" I tell them spot on.....it is made in Australia.:yeah:

The G8 wagon is not being introduced.......Americans and wagons is like son and mother in laws....usually don't talk much. But SUV.........heeeeeeeeeey wagon on steroids.....lets talk.......weird.

It has been well received amongst motor journalists too, it has been described from everything "The best from Pontiac yet, maybe too late" to "This will rewamp Pontiac's hard needed self esteem" and "The best performance dollar can buy". It is especially cool to see true F-Body enthusiasts that want a car with 4 doors, and younger kids that has only read about it in car magazines. It is building a following here in the US.......if the economy and gas prices (worst timing for the G8's intro really) I think it will do even better........enthusiasts are tired of the FWD craze from the last 20 years.

I'm extremely pleased with the car so far, I've had 24 cars before this....and nothing beats this in value for handeling, performance and comfort all in one package.....something that is hard to blend in to a package.

The orange deflector yeah........IF there is a white aftermarket I will might replace it with that? Else

Mix 6000

"Balck" VE Maloo R8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo R8
Hi, love the fact that there's no number plate on the front? was it for the pic's or don't you need to display them in the US? Cheers:)...

Silvereagle

Drives with wolves
Reaction score
Website
www.samiknife.com
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Overall GM hardly ever advertise in TV on the few channels I have available (Do not have Satelite nor cable TV). So I think GM constantly drops the ball there compared to let us say Japanese or Korean brands......heck even Mercedes advertise more than GM does for product awareness on the few channels I have available.

But I don't care.......when I saw the Holden VE was comming to US soil........I held out an additional couple of years until it arrived. There were NO dealers that had one on the lot in my state so I could test drive one.......so I had to go a few hundred miles out of my way to get one.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Overall GM hardly ever advertise in TV on the few channels I have available (Do not have Satelite nor cable TV). So I think GM constantly drops the ball there compared to let us say Japanese or Korean brands......heck even Mercedes advertise more than GM does for product awareness on the few channels I have available.

But I don't care.......when I saw the Holden VE was comming to US soil........I held out an additional couple of years until it arrived. There were NO dealers that had one on the lot in my state so I could test drive one.......so I had to go a few hundred miles out of my way to get one.

You like for the VE/G8 - Was this on the back of the "Aussie Monaro" hitting the streets in the US - it got some big wraps as for bank for buck value.

We love the Monaro (GTO) over here and would all have one if we could.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
thats a ****in big tree, like woah,

nice car as well, not a real fan of the front bumper but love the bonnet and the rear spoiler.

Silvereagle

Drives with wolves
Reaction score
Website
www.samiknife.com
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Hi, love the fact that there's no number plate on the front? was it for the pic's or don't you need to display them in the US? Cheers:)...

It is individual by state whether it is mandatory to display it or not. On this front it is a crime to put a plate on........too sexy for a plate.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Nice mate, i like the front on that, looks pretty good.