Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE cousin - 2009 Pontiac G8 GT

SSbeast

Reaction score
What i want to know is over in Auz everyone with a VY-VZ SS seem to love trying to make it an import by replacing the Holden badge with the chev bowtie, do people in the U.S replace their chev bowties with holden lions?

blackpearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
just think of the pine cone hmmm? better move the car lol

Silvereagle

Drives with wolves
Reaction score
Website
www.samiknife.com
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
What i want to know is over in Auz everyone with a VY-VZ SS seem to love trying to make it an import by replacing the Holden badge with the chev bowtie, do people in the U.S replace their chev bowties with holden lions?

Here there are just a few select individuals that convert the G8 "back" to a Holden VE SS-V. They get the front bumper, hood or "bonnet" as you guys call it......they get all the badges specific for it. Not very common but a few have done it just to make people REALLY wonder WTF kind of car this is. The VE is only called a Chevrolet in certain Arab countries I beleive. In the US it is badged as a Pontiac, while in the UK it is the Vauxhall VXR8 I beleive?

ME......I keep it for what it came as, a Pontiac G8......it is rare enough as it is on American roads.....and I feel like it is a very unique car to have.

ve ss man

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
very nice mate, love the front on the G8. i have a ve ss over here in green colour called "crunch". wonder what mine would look like with that front haha

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
It is individual by state whether it is mandatory to display it or not. On this front it is a crime to put a plate on........too sexy for a plate.
I wish that was like that here in Australia... don't they have them poxy police revenue raising speed cameras in the states..? how would they get ur number plate if your speeding..?

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
There is one on the rear, you know :)

98VS5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pak Ute 5L
Love the G8 man, if you know anyone else who has one tell them to post 'em up here for us, would be good to see a couple more!

Silvereagle

Drives with wolves
Reaction score
Website
www.samiknife.com
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
I wish that was like that here in Australia... don't they have them poxy police revenue raising speed cameras in the states..? how would they get ur number plate if your speeding..?

They have them in the commie states of California, Washington, New York, District of Columbia (DC) all the New England states and Illinois..........to what we refer to as the lefties. I most cases if you're speeding, there is so much law enforcement in the US that you're bound to have a highway patrol officer catch you sooner or later........I know I was three times in a year back on 2005 :dance:

I think as time goes by you will al see more G8's hang out here too......there is a couple of g8boards around the net.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
nice car mate, i used to hate the look of the g8 front, but after seeing yours for some reason i dont mind it anymore. Enjoy it

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
this thing is spotless, i'd love to ride around in something like this