Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Cruise control and electric windows WTF???

Chris_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Can any JC forum members with VE commodores fitted with e/windows and cruise, help me conduct an experiment to see if i have found a WTF or if my car has issues, or if there is a logical explanation for this phenomenon.

If i have cruise control activated and attempt to lower or raise two windows simultaneously the cruise control switches off.

This occurs with front and rear windows, provided it is two windows simultaneously.

Can anyone check and see if this happens in their cars and report back?

Hopefully there isnt a logical reason for this which someone rudely points out and makes me look like a douche :boxing:

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
I will get my dad to check for you man, he has the car :)

Kinng

Chris_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks kinng, i figure if it is normal, surely someone has tried to raise windows with cruise on and this would be all over the internet...

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Thanks kinng, i figure if it is normal, surely someone has tried to raise windows with cruise on and this would be all over the internet...

I dont use cruise control so yeah haha.

Kinng

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
Doesn't happen to me BUT I do know that whenever I go over a substantial bump in the road, my crusie control switches off. Not sure if it's to do with a bad earth or what, but maybe your issue could lie with over-taxing the electrical system? Battery on way out maybe?

Chris_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
hey I had a POS corolla too!
brake lights used to come on when you turned the steering wheel left or if you used the left indicator
however, if you turned the wheel left and used the left indicator at the same time the right indicator would light up...

other drivers must have thought i was retarded XD

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
hey I had a POS corolla too!
brake lights used to come on when you turned the steering wheel left or if you used the left indicator
however, if you turned the wheel left and used the left indicator at the same time the right indicator would light up...

other drivers must have thought i was retarded XD

Japanese electrical wiring at its best bro!

Use to have a lexus IS200 in the family. Each time you turn on the demister, the music would go louder haha.

Kinng

Chris_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
hahahaha this could almost be a thread on its own

The "ohh no it didnt just do that" thread