Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Cruise control issues?

jayden.2.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Berlina
Hey everyone,

I've got an issue with the cruise control function on my 2007 VE Berlina.
To put it simply, it wont turn on. I try pressing the on/off button and nothing happens, has anybody had an issue like this before?

I've noticed other things which may or may not be linked to this.
For instance, a while back when I had the radio on any pre-set station other then the station which is set to the "1" button on the far left side, it would change straight back to the "1" station almost instantly.
Also I've noticed the HVAC screen completely blank with only the green backlight whilst driving, this was fixed by pressing a button but still, not how it should be.

Any help GREATLY appreciated, as you can imagine this is quite worrying.

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
Usually with cruise problems it's the stalk that's busted in some way (usually the rocker switch). I heard it was a common prob with the VZ too as it's got the same system. As for if it's related to your stereo/HVAC woes I can't say. Best to get it in to holden and see what they say.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
check the fuses and connectors if you can find them. If its the switch on the stalk you can probably find one on the net from Holmart or similar place pretty cheap and see if that fixes it.

jayden.2.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Berlina
Turns out the cruise control turns on when you turn the cruise lever like you normally would to activate/set the cruise control. Perhaps just the button is buggered. The

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
thats weird ? so the button on the end does nothing on yours then ?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Yep a thread dig, but mine was a intermittent fault, some times cruise would work fine other time it wouldn't work at all.

I tried adjust the brake switch, no joy. Replaced the brake switch No joy. Change the stalk over and all good.

Helps when you have 3 VE's in the gargage and can swap parts over. The stalk worked fine for all other functions maybe a loose wire inside.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I had a VZ - the cruise Control developed an intermittent fault. As time went by, the problem became more frequent. Eventually, it only worked about 75% of the time. When I turned it "on" it would go "on", but it failed to allow me to set a speed.
Each time it failed, it would usually work fine after I turned the ignition off and start again - not very convenient !

There were threads about it on the JC-VZ forum. I remember reporting my problem there. I never fixed it. Perhaps there was a solution there, somewhere ?

In 2010, I got a VE - it eventually started to paly up in 2013. I've just done 11,000km in six weeks, and the cruise-control failed two or three times.

I like the theory that it's a loose wire in the stalk - if it were a fuse, I don't think that it would be intermittent.