Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE dash panels

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I was thinking of white to match the outside of the car. Would a matte white reduce the reflections much? .

Nooooo ! I was taking the piss when I suggested white.
It was 'the thing' to do on your rice burner about 15 years ago. Sunday at the Newcastle foreshore was the place to go to take in bad automotive tastes. It looked crap then, and would be even worse now.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Nooooo ! I was taking the piss when I suggested white.
It was 'the thing' to do on your rice burner about 15 years ago. Sunday at the Newcastle foreshore was the place to go to take in bad automotive tastes. It looked crap then, and would be even worse now.

i'm still having trouble believing GM made those orange dashes, but there's photographic evidence.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I hired a SV6 in 2008 as a result of needing a accident damage replacement car. It had an orange dash.
Apart from being hard on the yes, I thought the reflections onto the screen were dangerous. I didn't have it long enough to get used to it.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
I hired a SV6 in 2008 as a result of needing a accident damage replacement car. It had an orange dash.
Apart from being hard on the yes, I thought the reflections onto the screen were dangerous. I didn't have it long enough to get used to it.
That’s odd because they only came as factory standard on the SS-V. Must have been an aftermarket doing. Seems like too big a job to remove the dash anyway so I’ll be putting that one to one side. Other things I can do instead.