Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE dash panels

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
Ive had a look through the forum and couldn’t see a simple yes or no answer anywhere. Can these orange dash panels be removed easily? Do they just unclip? I want to paint my omega dash to tart up the inside a bit and was hoping they just simply unclip to enable an easy change.

Attachments

• 91B2B479-52E1-4B66-936C-7AA5E0E94A9C.jpeg
    91B2B479-52E1-4B66-936C-7AA5E0E94A9C.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 236

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No. So much hurt.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Those panels removed. They are part of the entire instrument pad assembly.
You would have to buy a new assembly out of a lower spec vehicle.

The glove box etc is straight forward.
I’m sure you would get a good bit of coin selling the interior of that and buying a different interior but you would knock some value off what will be quite a collectors item in years to come, if not already.

Attachments

• 08D7FD8C-1727-4921-AE46-0B487D818D0D.jpeg
    08D7FD8C-1727-4921-AE46-0B487D818D0D.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 234

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
No no I don’t have the SSV. I have an omega and want to paint the panels in my omega. But if they aren’t just simple to unclip I’ll leave it.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Give it a good clean with wax remover and tape the lines and cover the surrounding areas you don't want to paint, buy your vinyl paint color you want and spray 5-6 light even coats. But what about the seats, lol, covers.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
Give it a good clean with wax remover and tape the lines and cover the surrounding areas you don't want to paint, buy your vinyl paint color you want and spray 5-6 light even coats. But what about the seats, lol, covers.
Yes but I can’t spray it inside the car lol. That would take hours to mask off the entire car haha.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also if you painted it, it would look better smeared in Gorgonzola, as opposed to the factory colour of the example inspiring you to violate your car in ways that could result in you only being attractive to the ugliest lepper in the village.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I'm curious... what colour do you want to paint the dash ?
White is good, the reflections onto the windscreen make you and your passengers oblivious to other surrounding traffic.
But in all seriousness, matt black or grey, if available in a good quality dye, carefully applied with a soft brush should be do-able.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
I'm curious... what colour do you want to paint the dash ?
White is good, the reflections onto the windscreen make you and your passengers oblivious to other surrounding traffic.
But in all seriousness, matt black or grey, if available in a good quality dye, carefully applied with a soft brush should be do-able.
I was thinking of white to match the outside of the car. Would a matte white reduce the reflections much? I love the look of the ssv having the inside match the outside so it would make my Omega smarten up a bit. Failing that black would look a bit smarter than the grey it is now.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
if you want to see how bright it potentially can be make a big cutout from white paper (gloss or matt depending on what you are planning (hell paint the paper) and see if you can live with it for a week.

Personally I think it'd be hideous and bright and impossible to keep clean, but then again I like black interiors. Why not just do a coloured cluster?