Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAK79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon Series 2
Hi All

Wondering if anyone can help. I have a 2013 VE Wagon Series 2 with factory dedicated gas 144,000km
Having an issue with it’s idle, engine light coming on at times and showing stability control fault. Put on the scanner and showed fault cyclinder 2. Check spark plug which was broken so replaced that and manifold gasket. Still having issue. Then replaced cool pack as I thought broken plug might of damaged the coil pack. Can idle and drive really good then can start to idle rough with engine light and stability control fault comes up. Mechanic told me he things it’s a valve in the head. I tend to think it’s electrical as it comes and goes? Anyone had similar issue or suggestions

ulric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09
I've got a similar problem with my car. Took it to a mechanic that I trust and he thought it was the coils. He swapped coil leads around and found the problem did not go away.

Finally diagnosed it to being the cylinders 1 & 5 were misfiring. It's currently believed to be a faulty gas controller (the computer?) as it's totally intermittent.

Still need to find a gas mechanic who can be trusted to provide an honest diagnosis and resolution.

MAK79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon Series 2
I've got a similar problem with my car. Took it to a mechanic that I trust and he thought it was the coils. He swapped coil leads around and found the problem did not go away.

Finally diagnosed it to being the cylinders 1 & 5 were misfiring. It's currently believed to be a faulty gas controller (the computer?) as it's totally intermittent.

Still need to find a gas mechanic who can be trusted to provide an honest diagnosis and resolution.

Thanks for feedback... I was told the same misfiring cylinders 2 & 6 and then it turned out to be valves.
Burnt out valve Cylinder 2. Re did the valves and running fine

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
In the past, on the old straight 6’s, doing a compression test was a simple but effective check of cylinder condition. Now I guess it’s much more involved disassembly just to be able to do a compression test on these v6’s o_O but it’s still the best way to know if a valve is burnt ;)

Glad you got it sorted.

NB66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG. The Silver Beast.
Thanks for feedback... I was told the same misfiring cylinders 2 & 6 and then it turned out to be valves.
Burnt out valve Cylinder 2. Re did the valves and running fine
Hi MAK... I've got a 2013 LPG VE. It has similar symptoms to yours. Cyl 4 misfire 304 and stability control goes off while idling and runs rough as. A mechanic reckons it could be a burnt valve on cylinder 4. How much was it to get the burnt valve replaced ?