Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE design may come from Torana?

L

LeBoofer

Back onto the similarities between the torana and VE, if you look at the interior photos of the Torana, I think you will also recognise some of the parts ie that have been carried over from the Torana concept to the VE (eg. steering wheel design and radio controls etc, centre heads up screen and console radio/air con controls).

This seems to a common ploy by Holden to 'test' out the cars with public opinion. So as Im sure it has been previously discussed, it seems our lovely Torana concept was as much a concept as it was a guage for our opinion.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
there not dropping the maloo it will remain the vz shape with a few updates till the ve ute and wagon are released

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
naf33n said:
there not dropping the maloo it will remain the vz shape with a few updates till the ve ute and wagon are released

Thats what i thought too .......Thanks for confirming that

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Greg_Sian said:
Looking at the new VE i realised where i'd last seen a simular car..... the proto Torana holden showed a few years back looks very close, may have been a tester for public opinion? that Torana was unreal...

Lights may differ, but look at spoiler, mirrors, door handles, rear shape and curves....

LMAO!!! Where is the mushroom community? There seems to be a number of people living under mushrooms recently :D

Greg_Sian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore, VT S 97
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
LMAO!!! Where is the mushroom community? There seems to be a number of people living under mushrooms recently :D

I Know, I know, I Know........ lah lah lah..... :bow: :bow: :bow: ....lol! Sorry guys i didn't spend a few minutes searching for same post. :air: on me!!! had a few :drink: . At least i got some positive coments even if i am a bit slow of the mark, but hey i only drive a V6...lol... all in good fun!