Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE design may come from Torana?

Greg_Sian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore, VT S 97
Looking at the new VE i realised where i'd last seen a simular car..... the proto Torana holden showed a few years back looks very close, may have been a tester for public opinion? that Torana was unreal...

Lights may differ, but look at spoiler, mirrors, door handles, rear shape and curves....

Attachments

• ss%20v.jpg
    ss%20v.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 361
  • torana1_640x480.jpg
    torana1_640x480.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 380

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
That was the whole point of the Torana concept, to show the public concepts being used in the VE Commodore

Greg_Sian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore, VT S 97
I must've missed it, just though some also might have too....... no harm done..... I like it anyway and can't wait to see HSV and HRT versions....anyway the way fuel is going the torry may be a good thing now days?

Greg_Sian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore, VT S 97
They would've got it VE away from the falcon lookalike comments...but i think its like most new cars... you have to see them in person to appreciate/hate them. 500Kw+ HSV Senator/R8/Grange? surely they will bring on new names with this one! Maybe a new post to toss a few names around..

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
malloo discontined???? i may be wrong but i thought it definetly would be continued from what i heard it was goin to be malloo seriesII considerin the malloo is there second highest seller i would think they would continue it

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
read here:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=38265

But looking at it now...you might be right. It depends how you interpret it!

While the E-Series line-up will include ClubSport, Senator, Senator Signature and the long-wheelbase Grange sedan variants (alongside the VZ-based Maloo, the ClubSport R8, SV6000, Coupe4 sedan and GTO Coupe variants will be discontinued), HSV’s trademark GTS nameplate is not expected to return to showrooms for at least 12 months.