Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE diff change NEED help

Millar_11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS sedan 2007
Hey guys I just changed the diff in VE SS manual, from 3.45 lsd to 3.7 LSD cause we though the diff was f**ked, anyway put it all together and put it down and there’s still no power to the wheels the tail shaft gearbox and clutch are all good and the diff I just put in only done 25,000k, when the wheels are off the ground everything spins but then put the brakes on and the wheels stop but the diff gears keep spinning, anyone heard of this before??

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Did you change the entire diff or just the centre?

How are you determining the gears are still spinning? So the car doesn't go forward at all? If you stop the tailshaft from spinning and spin the wheels by hand what happens then?

Last edited:

Millar_11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS sedan 2007
Did you change the entire diff or just the centre?

How are you determining the gears are still spinning? So the car doesn't go forward at all? If you stop the tailshaft from spinning and spin the wheels by hand what happens then?

had the read end lifted put it in first with one of the axels hanging out when it’s in neutral and I turn the wheels the gears and tail shaft both spin but when there is pressure (weight) on the wheels they don’t move, I’m think the spider gears in this (new) diff might be broken and just got sold a shitty diff?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Which oil did you put in?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Could be a chance the clutch packs in your new diff are completely fried. Or yes, that there is broken gearing, but you should be able to pull some metal out with the oil if this is the case. What was wrong with the old one?

Last edited:

Millar_11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS sedan 2007
Could be a chance the clutch packs in your new diff are completely fried. Or yes, that there is broken gearing, but you should be able to pull some metal out with the oil if this is the case. What was wrong with the old one?
I’ve got new 4:11.1 being built for me now, turns out the clutch packs are f**ked not happy about that but problem is solved and should be on the road again soon thanks for you help man, I appreciate it.
Just couldn’t bring myself to believe it was the diff after all the time effort and money I put into getting it ‍♂️